4 °○° Surrender

•●•

| Ep 9 : Live |

•●•

The Grand Line
New World
Location: Unknown

•●•

"Search the ship."

Those three words made the Man'o'war Pirates fear for Aurelia. Since they were frozen, all they could do was grunt and wiggle like worms. Although the frostbite painfully pulled and chipped at any exposed skin, they tried to break free anyway. Their attempts were futile.

The Pirates wanted to holler at the agents. Prevent them from finding Aurelia. But they knew if they did that, it would raise an alarm and make them search the ship more. So they bit their tongues and anxiously watched as Marines and Cipher Pol agents alike scurried around the ship. Guilt and shame overwhelmed them for not putting up more of a fight against the Admiral.

They failed their Captain.

But it wasn't their fault.

Fate was at play.

The Marines searched the upper cabins and general top deck. But a small group of Cipher Pol agents armed with guns entered the lower cabin area.

Dea and Thea bit back their concern. But they could not hide their expressions of guilt as they watched the five agents disappear below deck.

This caught Aokiji's attention.

Come to think of it, they were the only two who defended that door. Strange. The Admiral thought.

After making that observation, he decided to head down there too and assist with the search. Something deep down told him to do it.

Fate was at play.

He wandered inside and studied the empty hallway. He walked some more, looking left and right through doorways as he passed areas his Marine soldiers were already searching. He continued walking in search of the Cipher Pol agents. . . He saw a door closed at the end of the hallway.

Aokiji narrowed his eyes.

Something buzzed in the back of his head. He picked up his pace and as he got closer he heard a commotion behind the door.

"Where's the Devil Fruit?!" An agent yelled.

Then a woman spoke up.

"We don't have any Devil Fruits-"

"STOP LYING!"

"Please! If you are going to aim your guns at someone, aim them at me! Leave them alone!" The woman yelled.