Dances and Dreams

November 4th, 2023

The Fall Formal was looming closer with each passing day, and I found myself tangled in a web of nerves, primarily concerning what to wear. However, beneath the surface of my sartorial concerns lay a deeper anxiety: the presence of Vivienne at the dance. Vivienne, with her captivating personality and stunning beauty, seemed like an unattainable dream compared to my ordinary existence. Yet, despite my insecurities, a plan began to take shape in my mind—a plan to steal a moment and perhaps steal a kiss from her during the night.

As the evening of the dance arrived, I found myself occupied with checking in guests, oblivious to Vivienne's entrance until Marisol pointed her out. The sight of her left me breathless, my heart pounding with a mixture of awe and admiration. She was radiant, particularly with her hair elegantly styled and adorned in a purple dress that complemented her perfectly. The color seemed to enhance her beauty, casting her in a captivating light.

After the formalities of check-in were completed, Vivienne and I seized the opportunity to have our pictures taken on the balcony. There, amidst laughter and stolen glances, I found myself genuinely smiling—a rare occurrence lately. The light danced in her eyes, adding an enchanting sparkle that mirrored the joy I felt in her presence.

Moving to the dance floor, the evening took a turn as Luca momentarily swept her away. Jealousy flared within me, igniting a possessiveness I hadn't known I possessed. In an instant, I reclaimed her, pulling her close as we danced. Her movements were fluid and graceful, captivating me further.

As the night progressed, Vivienne's demeanor shifted, her thoughts drifting to memories of her grandfather. I understood the significance of those moments, the weight of her emotions was palpable. Comforting her became instinctual, a silent promise of my unwavering support.

That night, amidst the music and laughter, I realized the depth of my feelings for Vivienne. She wasn't just a crush; she was someone I wanted to stand by, someone I wanted to cherish for a lifetime. My failed attempt at stealing a kiss became inconsequential in the face of the connection we shared.

She was my ray of sunshine, illuminating even the darkest corners of my heart. And though our journey together had only just begun, I knew she would always hold a special place in it. With her, I found solace in knowing that love wasn't about grand gestures but about being there for each other, through every joy and sorrow.

As the night drew to a close, I held her close, making silent promises of a future where she would always be my last first kiss, my last love, and ultimately, my first and only wife in my mind. In that moment, amidst the swirl of emotions and the rhythm of the dance, I knew that she was everything I had ever wanted, and everything I would ever need.