Shadows of the Night

October 14th,  2023

As the bus rumbled along the darkening road towards the Field of Screams, a renowned haunted attraction, Conrad sat beside me, his eyes flickering with anticipation. I couldn't contain the excitement bubbling within me, but amidst the thrill of the impending adventure, there was something else on my mind—Vivienne.

I turned to Conrad, feeling the need to share the whirlwind of emotions that had consumed me throughout the day. "You won't believe what happened today," I began, my voice tinged with a mix of nerves and excitement.

Conrad raised an eyebrow, a silent cue for me to continue.

"So, I spent the day with Vivienne," I said, feeling a rush of warmth at the mention of her name. "And... I think I might like her."

Conrad's expression shifted, a mixture of concern and understanding crossing his features. "Are you sure about this?" he asked softly. "You know how things have been in the past. I don't want to see you get hurt again."

I nodded, acknowledging his worry, but my mind was already set. Vivienne had sparked something within me, something I couldn't ignore.

As if on cue, my phone buzzed with a text from Vivienne. A smile tugged at my lips as I read her message, and I couldn't resist sharing it with Conrad.

"She's texting me right now," I exclaimed, my heart racing with excitement. "She's playing this guessing game, trying to see if I can figure out who she likes."

Conrad listened intently as I recounted the messages exchanged between Vivienne and me, each word igniting a flicker of hope within me.

"And then she gave me a hint," I continued, my voice barely above a whisper. "She said the person she likes is on the CAB eboard, and she's female."

A wave of realization washed over me as I processed her words. I glanced at Conrad, a spark of disbelief in my eyes. "I guessed every girl on the eboard except myself," I admitted, a nervous laugh escaping my lips. "But when I said my name... she said yes."

Conrad's eyes widened in surprise, mirroring the whirlwind of emotions swirling within me. "That's incredible," he breathed, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

And in that moment, amidst the anticipation of the Field of Screams and the fluttering excitement of newfound love, I knew that this day would forever be etched in my memory as one of the most extraordinary of my life. With Vivienne by my side, the journey ahead seemed filled with endless possibilities, each step infused with the magic of newfound love.