Chapter 2

Abigail
My body was already responding to the delicious shot. Feeling heat slither its way through my arms and legs only confirmed that I was ready to get things started.

Swaying to the 90's R&B music that played overhead, I listened to Jim explain to Cora and Gemma, their pose for the night. Jim's idea was simple and beautiful. His creation tonight would be a cascading waterfall into a pond with water lilies. He showed us a few sketches to give us an idea of what he was painting, but honestly, I was curious how the image would come across on four bodies with different shapes and sizes.

This whole concept was still so new to me. Jim was a talented artist though, and I trusted that he would create something breathtaking. Regardless, I was ready to let his paintbrush lull me into a sense of relaxation as it did last time.

My mind wandered to the night of the ball, and the amazing feeling of the paintbrush as it danced its way across my skin. A cool breeze that tamed the fire from the gaze of the masked man in white.

Chills erupted from my body and I had to shake myself from thinking about the intentions from those eyes that were burned into my mind. My heart raced as I remembered those eyes watching me while I was painted, and then as his hands memorized my body as we danced.

Shit! I need to stop thinking about Theo, stat!

It's become incredibly difficult to function when my body craves him so much. Somehow I seem to find myself always bumping into him.

Sighing, I plopped myself onto one of the chairs in the audience. Naomi left to speak with Camilla about ten minutes ago, but I noticed her silhouette walking in my direction with what looked like another tray of shots. Well, that should help ease my thoughts away from Theo...

"Hey gorgeous, Camilla wanted to let you know, drinks are on the house tonight." She smiled, and licked her lips, "You want one?"

Her lashes fluttered, and those darn butterflies returned again. I couldn't help it, but the corner of my lips lifted, and my voice came out a whisper, "Sure."

Um, Theo who?

Cora came running over shouting, "Shots! Get it gurrrl! You need this!" She blew a kiss to Naomi, as a thanks and remembered what she originally came over for, "Oh, Jim wants to speak with you and Naomi."

"Alright Cora," reaching for the shot glass, I grinned as Cora's hip check almost knocked me over. I shoved  her slightly so as to not spill our drinks, and she smacked my ass in retaliation.

"Hey, that's not a plaything," I growled.
"That's not what I remember hearing," taunted Cora.

"Oh my god, dude. Seriously?!" Snorting, I returned the favor.

Slowing our giggles, we took our shot quickly and I felt the liquid trickle from the corner of my mouth. In the blink of an eye, Naomi reached over and gently swiped her thumb over my lips to clean up the drink. My knees almost gave out to her simple caress and I think I melted to the very spot I was standing. Even Cora was surprised by her small gesture, her lips curled into a devilish smile. Naomi winked and sashayed her way to Jim on stage.

Blinking rapidly, I fanned myself with my hand,
"Cora, what just happened?"

Her devilish grin still sat on her face, and her tone was light and playful, "Abs, I think she's still crushing hard, but you better go. Jim needs to position us before the guests and other talent arrive."

With wide eyes and shaky hands, I straightened my clothes and made my way to the stage next to Naomi.

"Alright ladies, this is going to be an interesting pose that you will need to sit in for at least an hour or two before we have a break. Naomi, I'd like you to sit on the chair with your legs spread to the outer edges."