"Bohot accha ladka hai akshara, aap unke saath kush rahenge. Aapko woh saari khushiyan denge Jo hum nahi de paye."  He said with two emotions in his eyes, one I can easily understand is Happiness and the other one is maybe guilt?.

"He's a very good man akshara, you will be happy with him. He will give you every happiness that i couldn't give you."

"Apne hume sub kuch diya hai papa, woh bhi maang ne se pehle." i said.

"You've given me everything papa, even before I ask."

It's true he had given me everything even before I ask. The only thing he couldn't give and i couldn't ask was his presence, his attention and his love.

"Akshara, we both kno-" he was saying something but stopped in the middle when he saw my brother and my mother entering.

"Papaaaaa......." My brother screamed and came running to hug my father.

That's Virhan Mittal my brother. He's a student and a big attention seeker. He will be taking over the company after papa.

About my bond with him, it's just we talk sometimes, i know this is not how a brother and sister should be. But, he's always been away from me. When we were small, He used to be close with my grandparents so either with them or on a business trip with my parents.

Then when we grow up i was busy with my engineering and then MBA, so yeah we just talk sometimes.

"Virhan, you should stop running. Your papa isn't going somewhere."
That voice was my mother's.

Kangana Mittal, a very sweet, classy and graceful person. She is one of the directors in my father's company. So she's a busy woman. I don't know what more to explain about her.

"Maa, how was your business trip." I asked her, because it would be awkward if sit there silently.

"It was good. Your papa told you about the alliance? You said yes right." She asked me. And yes we talk only if there is something important.

"Ji" i replied. I can at least talk some more words with my father, but this women? Gosh...........

My mother is bitch guys. Because She didn't even ask me how I was, which mother doesn't ask 'how have you been' to her daughter when she is seeing her after whole 1 month.

Leave it akshara, calm down.

"It's good you said yes. But he's way  too good for you, i don't think you deserve him. You should always be grateful if he says yes. And it's also good for our company as powerful people like them are going to be our in-laws."  she said with a very cold tone.

ouch, it hurts. Can I kill her? Ofcourse I can't.

I just stood there silently, with emotionless eyes. My father and brother who were talking just looked at us, ohh she was loud.

I just looked at them, but I didn't expect anything from papa or virhan. I know they won't say anything against her.

" I will be going to my room." I announced and didn't wait for them to say anything.

I reached my room and locked it in hurry and then went to bathroom,

I saw a pathetic Akshara standing there,
It felt like my shadow was representing my current life right now. There she stood, trapped in the mirror. Standing silently when she should talk.

I felt so many things at the same time, my chest paining, hands trembling, short of breath.

I tried to calm myself. I sat there leaning towards the bathroom door, counting numbers so that I could distract myself. Which always works.