Realizations

"Paimon wants to know who that was?"

"Oh... That's my dead brother. Diluc Ragnvindr"

"Wait- Paimon's confused. If he's your dead brother, how is he here?"

"Yeah, I don't have a clue about that... I've researched about it but I haven't found an answer."

Paimon just gave me a deadpan expression.

"Well, that wasn't useful at all."

The Traveler looked at Venti and asked,

"Do you know something about this Venti?"

Venti stayed silent, it seemed that he was thinking about something, He shrugged and said,

"That old blockhead won't scold me for this. I mean they already saw it so it's fine."

There was a pause of confusion among the people minus Venti, he just said in a nonchalant tone,

"Well since Im a bard let me tell you a story instead of taking the boring route."

. .

Long long ago before the thrones of the seven archons were occupied. There was a kingdom that did not have a God. They only had themselves to care. It was a human civilization with advanced technology, a kind of technology that even the current Teyvat could not imagine. The kind of technology that could destroy a city without a problem. 

Along with their technology, they had a kind of power, a power so volatile and corrupted that it was nearly impossible to control. 

It was known as Abyssal Energy. It was sourced from the Void or as most call it now the Abyss.

This energy corrupted the air around them and cursed the kingdom's inhabitants. This energy fed on negative and chaotic emotions. This energy created cursed spirits. 

The spirits of the dead were cursed with this energy and the spirits became dangerous monsters who would feed on any living being they saw.

After a few centuries, the kingdom fell into ruins and the curses were never to be seen again.

. .

"Whoa... Paimon's surprised that you know that tone-deaf bard."

"Ehe~ I am the anemo archon."

I was speechless. The story he told me was quite similar to the story my birth father told me about. He was talking about Khaenria'h. But the cursed spirits, I never heard about that. Something's missing from this story... 

But the first thing on my mind was.

How.. How did Diluc get cursed? From what Venti said cursed spirits shouldn't exist anymore... Unless.. This story was about Khaenria'h, right? I'm from Khaenria'h... Wait.. Did I do this to him? Did I curse him?

As soon as I made that realization, all color drained from my face. I was frozen in my spot.

I cursed my brother.

Damn it. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

This story will somewhat follow canon but some things will change. 

As I warned before, the characters will act OC-ish. It depends on the scenario.

Sorry for the short chapter, Just wanted to focus on the reveals. i think within the next two-three chapters the Mondsdat arc will be over. There will be one or two preludes but that's all.

I may release an official timeline for the story to clear up any misunderstandings.

That's all for today and Happy early Easter! Or if you're reading it during Easter, Happy Easter. 

Author out.