He's Here

Traveler and Venti decided to take the meeting the next day. Just enough time for me to contact Vile and ask for information about Fatui's whereabouts. 

.

In the second meeting, Jean started the discussion with an announcement, "Kaeya has determined that the Holy Lyre is not being held in the Goth Grand Hotel."

She continued, "I imagine they don't want to leave something stolen in a place where it could be so easily found."

"Paimon gets it. If too much of a scene gets made then it becomes a big diplomatic issue."

.

On the way to the Fatui hideout, we had a small chat.

Venti spoke up saying, "Jean just said the Fatui are trying to take Dvalin's power for the Cyro God..." He took a deep breath and continued by saying,

 "I fear this might fall short of their true intentions. I think they intend to use Barbatos' connection to the wind to draw him out. Just like Lisa  traced the source of the storm to the temples."

I looked at him confused and was surprised, "The God of Anemo? ...Hasn't been seen for more than a thousand years. What makes you think that's their intention?"

Venti just awkwardly made some sounds of "Oh... Ah..."

I just sighed and said, "Just leave it. I won't force it out of you." I turned towards the Traveler, "Traveler, take this." I gave him a Fatui mask "This will be your disguise. I'd rather not deal with extra diplomatic work for today... neither does Jean. Unfortunately, they're still one of our allies, so we'll have to make sure they won't recognize us to prevent any issues and from getting implicated personally."

Paimon looked at me surprised. "That's the most you've spoken from all the times Paimon and Traveler met you up till now"

I was embarrassed by that revelation. "Really? I thought I spoke a lot..."

"But don't worry! Paimon is happy to hear you talk more. Even Venti does right?" She looked at Venti with a stare that gave the vibes of, 'If you say something stupid I will personally do something to you'

Venti nodded awkwardly. "Yeah, Paimon is right... It's nice to hear you speak."

.

We entered the Fatui base with our masks on. We fought a few slimes and a few Hillichurls. How did they even get in there? 

We found a guard and interrogated him. He looked scared out of his mind.

"No, NO! Don't eat me! Ah? You're... You're human?" He said confused

"The entire floor's defenses... have been broken. I thought it was the Abyss Order attacking..."

Traveller said, "We have come for the Holy Lyre der Himmel." 

The guard was shocked. "H—How did you guys know the lyre's here?"

I spoke up, "If you don't answer us, we'll just take your life then."

The Fatui guard was already scared and this just scared him even more. He shouted

"Ahh, Ah, Ah!" "No, don't! I have valuable information! I'll tell you!"

"We hid the Holy Lyre in the depths of these ruins. The place it's being kept is locked up tight. If you're after the key, keep going further into the ruins, but d—don't come after me! I don't know which one of the guards has it, but I'm sure you can find the guards and find out for yourselves."

 Paimon looked disappointed, "This guy looks like he's about to wet himself..."

The Fatui guard warned us saying, "Y—You just worry about yourselves! One of them is already in Mondstadt. Signora. When she gets her hands on you she's going to string you up and torture you. When that time comes, don't you dare say a word about me."

We left the guard alone. As we walked to our next destination, Paimon asked about Signora.

"Did he say Signora? What a strange name.."

I shook my head, "Signora, No. 8 of the Fatui Harbingers." I stopped for a second taking a deep breath, getting ready for the next fight. "The fact the Fatui can run amok across the seven nations like they do is entirely because of The Eleven Harbingers. We better finish this quickly before she catches wind of this."

.

We reached the room where we needed a key to proceed, we found a guard and acted like we were ambassadors from an association called the 'Mondstadtian Association'.

That guard did not have the keys with him but we had to fight against an electro-cicin mage. It was quite easy to defeat them with the traveler's help.

We encountered another guard. He seemed quite timid. Luckily, he gave the key without a fight. We reached the room where the Lyre was located. A Fatui Pyro agent was guarding it.

We fought against the guard but to our luck, we were losing. The Traveler was injured and Venti was barely holding on, shooting arrows infused with anemo at the guard while I was gripping my hand, it was burnt by the pyro agent's attack. I used my cryo to neutralize the pyro imbued into my hand.

I was ready to use my elemental burst until I could hear a growl behind me. That growl was unmistakable, Diluc. He's here.

I turned around and saw him holding his iconic Claymore and his red, piercing flames mixed with a hue of purple. He stabbed the Fatui agent until it became a bloody mess. I could feel the blood on my face and the glare Diluc gave to the now-dead agent. 

I slowly walked towards Diluc and whispered, "Diluc... Calm down. We're fine. You took care of the enemy. Thank you"

Diluc gave his iconic grin from when he was younger and disappeared. I wiped the blood off my face. 

Paimon looked at me with shock. "What was that Kaeya!? Who was that and what just happened!?"

The Traveler agreed with Paimon and watched me with caution while Venti watched with a knowing expression. Like he knew about what just happened. 

I let out a deep sigh which I didn't know that I was holding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two chapters in one day!? Damn I'm on a roll

See you in the next chapter

Edit- I edited the last line. The reveal will happen in chapter 4

Author out