3 - i want to try again

jene's knuckles turned white as she clutched onto the handles of her backpack which rested against her shoulders. taking in a deep breath she walked into the huge establishment which stood tall infront of her. the hallways were long and quite empty given the time she entered- 30 minutes earlier to avoid its usual bustling environment. jene flexed her hands after removing them from her back straps and entered the lecture theatre. she was the first one to arrive and decided to take a seat by the far corner, not too close to the front nor the back but rather the centre. she rested her chin on the palm of her red hand and listened to comforting tunes on her mp3 player as she waited for the others to join her.

as time passed, more people were entering the theatre but jene paid them no mind: she kept her sight directly on the scenery outside the window, counting the things she could see in attempt to ease her nerves. though previously not paying attention to anyone who walked in, from the corner of her eye she could see the silhouette of two tall guys nearing the lecture theatre. the boy who was slightly shorter had wavy brown hair, she noticed his hand on the stomach of the boy next to him, rubbing it in circular motions as the other boy rested his hand on the side of his satchel. she could hear the slight chuckle coming from the pair as she paid attention to the outside surroundings once again. however the tall boy suddenly saw the dark haired girl sitting alone in the lecture theatre. he found a smile instinctively plastering itself on his lips as he recognised jene- she came back to college despite not having attended for a long time. a familiar warmth filled soobins body as he approached the girl. as he neared closer, their eyes met, her eyes slightly widening as she looked from soobin to the boy on his right. noticing her stare, the boy with wavy brown hair removed his hand from soobins belly as a twinge of embarrassment filled his body, his cheeks heating up slightly.
"hi." soobin smiled as he sat next to the girl. removing her earphones, jene smiled back at him and returned his greeting. he asked if she was okay to which she nodded. "glad you came today." he grinned. jene found herself smiling again at his comment before turning her attention to the boy with brown hair who sat on the other side of soobin. noticing the shift of attention, soobin introduced his friend to jene. "jene, this is huening kai," he said as he pointed from the girl to his friend. "and kai, this is jene." kai gave her a wave as she nodded at him in acknowledgment.

the group mostly sat in a comfortable silence for the duration of their class but also made small comments and jokes every now and again. by the time the bell rung signalling their dismissal, the students stood up in a haste, packing away their things ready to carry out other plans and go home. jene wasn't like that. she'd watched as theh packed up, contemplating where she'd go after class. though her and soobin had just reconnected, she'd wondered if it would be okay for her to tag along with him and kai or perhaps that was too invasive. jene let out a sigh as she put her exercise book into her worn out backpack, she stood up slowly and tucked in her chair ready to leave. as she saw soobin and kai leave as they conversed, the girl stood still, her eyebrows furrowed. the taller boy suddenly turned around to glance over at her "you coming?" he asked her as he tilted his head towards the exit they were walking to. jene then relaxed her eyebrows, putting her bag on and following after the pair. "where are we going?" she asked in a soft voice. "we're going to meet some friends at the park for lunch. i made some snacks for us." soobin smiled as he led the way. jene hummed in acknowledgment despite the nerves stirring up within her- she wondered what soobins other friends would be like. would they accept her with open arms as he did?