✦ DOT.mesmerise me

Start from the beginning

"could it be? are you jealous, lance?" stars twinkled in lemon's eyes as she chuckled.

"do you really think (y/n) would settle for a ruffian like dot?" lance deadpanned, letting out a sigh at lemon's desparate delusions.

"save the relationship talk for another reality. are we really going to go through with this?" your dread was clear with the look on your face.

"not like we have any better gift other than setting up a date for him." the siscon made a point.

"we're doing our best to not hurt his feelings. you should too, (y/n). i'll cheer you on." mash placed a hand on your shoulder, giving you a thumbs up as you slouched.

"then it's settled! lance, you will be in charge of getting dot ready. finn and mash will be in charge of deciding where the date takes place, and i will be in charge of (y/n)!" the blonde hastily distributed the roles.

"come on! let's not waste any more time and get you ready!" lemon took your wrist, dragging you to her dorm.

"huh? wait, i haven't─ wait, lemon!" you tried calling out to the cheerful blonde, yet it only fell on deaf ears as she led you to her dorm.

(...)

a number of makeup supplies occupied her vanity as she sat you in front of the mirror. she pushed up any hair that was in your face with a head band, setting up some extra makeup brushes as she stood behind you.

"so, what look are we going for? cute? elegant? mundane? actually, do you use makeup, (y/n)?" she questioned, her hands resting on your shoulders.

"mostly to cover up scars that need extra time healing when i'm too lazy to settle it on my own." you informed, blankly staring at your reflection.

"then we'll do something light! just leave it to me." the girl grinned before picking up some odd powder.

it felt like forever, having lemon run her fingers all over your face just to doll you up a little more. but as your eyes met with your reflection's, you couldn't deny that she did an amazing job.

it was as if the her skills had breathed some life into your usual indifferent expression─ you looked a little more alive. there were no flashy colours on your face, and yet your eyes somehow seemed brighter. the scarlet shade that adorned your lips complimented the hues of your irises, overall balancing the weight of contrast.

the products didn't feel cakey on your skin either. you could honestly get used to the sight of yourself in makeup if not for its consumption of precious time.

"hmm... i think i know what outfit will go perfectly with this look!" she ran to her closet, picking out a dress.

it was a simple ivory sundress decorated with frills of the same shade. a larger white bow rimmed the back of the waistline while a string of pearls lined the bottom frills.

it was beautiful, and you doubted if such a gorgeous dress would befit your rougher nature.

"it's pretty, right? i never got to try it because i got the size wrong, but i hope it'll fit you!" she handed you the sundress before turning around to let you change.

as you slipped into the white cloths, the fabric hugged you in such a way that you could almost say it was made for you. although, it was only common knowledge that clothes were meant to fit the wearer. not vice versa.

"it's..." you muttered, staring at the sundress in awe.

"is it too tight? too loose? i have other dresses─" lemon spoke up, worrying about your comfort in the outfit before noticing how it looked on you.