seventeen ;an evocation

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
each step you took towards the owl huts harboured heavy intentions to disrupt abel's expectations yet again. the first time you had acted out of line was when you jumped in to protect mash from one of his puppets.

it was clear to both you and the rest of the magia lupus that he was the least bit pleased about your actions. he had even went out of his way to personally address your misconduct, handing you a warning to remain acting in accordance before he took matters into his own hands.

although, despite his words and efforts to go that far, it wasn't like you were going to simply obey him.

and so, you found yourself tailing the sixth and seventh fangs of the magia lupus, olore andrew and anser shinri respectively, abel had sent out to retrieve the sole gold coin mash held onto.

however, it seemed that abel had already saw through your defiance, accurately predicting it as before you could take another step closer to the owl huts, you were drawn back by an arrow beneath your feet.

you were swept backwards, the sudden velocity causing your balance to waver. as the arrow had ceased, you simultaneously felt the tip of a sharpened blade prodding at your nape and a hand on your shoulder that had halted your fall.

you recognised the magic energy that was emitting from the male behind you.

"i wouldn't suggest proceeding any further with your misbehavior. i don't wish to hurt you, (y/n)." a familiar voice spoke up, not a hint of hostility in his words as his gaze singled you out.

"you do realise that i don't need magic to get past you, don't you, abyss?" your finger snaked beneath his as you removed his hand from your shoulder.

"perhaps so. but i guarantee that you won't come out victorious unscathed." abyss said, words spilling over with certainty.

"really, now?" you let out a scoff before reaching an arm back.

the edge of his sword slid against the skin of your palm, blood trickling down your wrist as you gripped the blade. the tip pushed against the first fragile layers of skin on your nape, drawing the slightest droplets of scarlet.

upon realisation, abyss had attempted to withdraw his blade. but to no avail, you wouldn't let him go.

"you could leave me scarred. you could gravely injure me. i don't care. but, there is one thing you won't be able to do to me. and that will be the one thing you wish you could do, before utter regret." you dragged your words, forcefully tugging at abyss' blade to dig deeper into your flesh.