SECRETS

Chapter 33

Ethan

"Growing up. I used to ask my grandmother where my mother was. Her answer was either 'She was no good for you' or 'Consider her dead'

I remember asking my father before he died. About who my mom was. He told me that I should stop asking for my good.

There was a time I asked my grandfather about her. He would always avoid my questions about her. So, one day. I decided to dig into it myself and my grandfather got to know about it. That was after my father died.

He called me himself. He told me that whatever he was going to tell me should not make me think small of myself. He said it was a secret they had been keeping from people and they don't want it to be leaked out. He said they kept it from me so it would not destroy my reputation.

At that moment. I was panicking. It was a time in my life when I was working so hard to build a name for myself. Five hotels were handed over to me to manage after my father died. But, I promised myself to turn the business into an empire.

He said, my mother was very much alive. But I could not meet her because she was a prostitute. I didn't know what to say. But I felt bad to know that my mother was a prostitute.

He made me understand that if the press gets a hold of that truth. That people would use it against me. And I might lose all respect from everyone.

He said it would affect my business more than it would affect me.

So. I gave up finding out who my mother was. It was that time I wanted to do something good for myself.

Today. I am contended with what I have archived so far.

I have succeeded in building the empire I wanted to build.

I have made a good name for myself.

I have a family I can call my own that is if she doesn't leave me with our unborn child". I looked into Emma's eyes and I saw tears dropping down her cheeks.

I pulled her to my chest and patted her back. Her head was resting on my chest. "Please don't cry. As long as you are with me. I can win this battle". She sniffs

There was a bit of silence for a few minutes. Then, I continued. "Martha and your stepmom were blackmailing me. They both wanted the same thing. Martha wants me back. Your stepmom... ". I sighed. "She wants me to divorce you and marry Grace, your sister".

"Stepsister". She corrected.

"Yes, stepsister". I stroked her hair backwards.

She pulled away from me and sat straight using the headboard for support. I did the same, but I held her hand playfully looking at her. Waiting for her to say something. She wasn't looking back at me. Rather, she closed her eyes for a few seconds. But when she opened her eyes. She gazes at me and she finally speaks.

"You hurt me you know". She sighed and continued. "Martha is no longer your wife. But, I am your wife. You could have trusted me enough to tell me all of this thing you know". She sniffs. "But, you rather betrayed me. Now, you want me to support you. Why now? Why not before now? I am your wife Ethan. But, yet. You chose to betray me". I couldn't read her emotions any longer and it scares me.

"Ethan. Do you know what I think? " She asked and I nodded while I still held her hand firmly.
"I think, you are not over your ex yet. I don't think you slept with her only because of the blackmail. You did what you did because a part of you still wants her. But because you know that she is bad news, is the reason we are having this conversation". She concluded.

"No, you thought wrong. There is only one woman in my life. And you know it is you. I don't want Martha. Yes, I agree I used to love her. I loved her with all of me. But she broke my heart and stole my money and gave it to another younger guy. She left me for him. I might have been seeing her after we divorced. But, ever since I met you. You have been the only woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I mean it. What I did was a mistake and I will accept any punishment you give me. But please, don't leave me. It will kill me"

She looked at me slightly and asked me the question I had been waiting to hear from her. "What's your plan? " And so I smiled

"I want to look for my mom. And I want to be the one to reveal who my mother is. Then I will bear whatever comes with it". I explained.

"What other options do we have?" She pulled her hand away from me and palmed her face with her two hands.

"Or I ignore them and allow our PR team to handle it". I breathe.

"I support the second option. Just allow things to play naturally. Then the rumour will die a natural death". She exhales

I nodded and we sat in silence.

"And Ethan, don't ever think less of yourself because your mother was a prostitute. You are you. And you are special. You have single-handedly climbed to the top. Cherish yourself. And as for my stepmom". She sighed. "It is high time I visit her. Leave her to me. You can handle Martha only if you promise me you will not fall into her traps again"

"I promise". So it was sorted. Now I know what to do.

She climbed down the bed and headed to the bathroom.

A few chapters to go. Keep commenting and voting.

New book Alert!!!

A STRONGHOLD(Taming the Billionaire) is out!!!

A STRONGHOLD
(Taming the Billionaire) is out!!!

Finally. You can read my new book. Please follow me to get updates when publish more books.

Thanks for all your support ❤️❤️❤️crown_imagination73 is your girl.