chapter twelve

Tae-pyung decided it was time for Eon-jin to meet his dad, a big step in their relationship. With his saved allowance, they set off for Seoul, excitement tinged with nerves filling the air.

"Why are you quiet? Feeling nervous?" Tae-pyung asked, noticing Eon-jin's apprehension.

Eon-jin fretted aloud, "Do you think what I'm wearing is okay? Is it okay that we don't have a gift for your dad? What if he doesn't like me for you?"

Tae-pyung chuckled, finding Eon-jin's worries endearing. "You're still laughing at me. Hmp!" Eon-jin replied and slightly backed away from Tae-pyung something that Tae-pyung didn't let because he immediately pulled her close to him.

"I'm sure my dad will like you. You've been watching a lot of kdramas, do you think my dad is like those dads in the shows?" Tae-pyung joked, trying to lighten the mood. Eon-jin rested her head on Tae-pyung's shoulder, finding comfort in his presence.

"I just love you so much that I can't help but feel nervous." Eon-jin confessed softly, her voice betraying a hint of vulnerability.

"And I love you too much to let anyone come between us. No matter what happens, we'll face it together." Tae-pyung reassured her, his words filled with unwavering determination.

After a three-hour journey, they finally arrived in Seoul. Before heading to Tae-pyung's dad's apartment, they decided to stop by Myeongdong Street Market to pick up some food for themselves and Tae-pyung's dad.

As they strolled through the bustling market, Eon-jin's eyes caught sight of a booth selling couple items, sparking a twinge of curiosity within her.

"Want to get something?" Tae-pyung's curiosity was piqued as he eyed the display of items.

Eon-jin's gaze lingered on a couple ring, but she hesitated, mindful of their tight budget. "Maybe next time when we have more money." she suggested, torn between desire and practicality.

Back on the bus, they headed to Tae-pyung's dad's apartment. His dad's surprise at seeing him and he immediately pulled him into a tight hug.

"What brings you here, son? Everything okay? Does your mom know you're here?" His dad's questions came in a flurry before he noticed Eon-jin standing beside Tae-pyung, sparking his curiosity.

He quickly invited Tae-pyung and Eon-jin inside and offered them drinks.

"Um, Dad, this is Eon-jin. She's my girlfriend." Tae-pyung said slowly, holding Eon-jin's hand. Eon-jin, feeling shy, also held Tae-pyung's hand to ease her nerves.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Son Eon-jin imnida." Eon-jin greeted respectfully with a bow.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kim Dong-hoon," Tae-pyung's dad replied warmly, then asked, "How long have you two been together?"

"We've only been dating for a three months already, Appa." Tae-pyung replied.

Kim Dong-hoon furrowed his brows with concern, asking, "Is everything okay between you two? And does your mom know about you dating?"

"Mom doesn't know yet, we're planning to tell her soon. I just wanted you to be the first to know. You're not upset with us, are you?" Tae-pyung asked nervously.

Dong-hoon smiled warmly at his son and replied, "Who am I to stand in the way of your happiness? If you both make each other happy, then I'll be happy for you too." Tae-pyung and Eon-jin exchanged grateful glances, touched by Dong-hoon's understanding.

"You're both still young, with many challenges ahead as your relationship grows. But as long as trust and love remain at the core, nothing can break you apart. Remember to focus on your studies and be mindful of your responsibilities. I'm not ready to become a grandparent just yet." Dong-hoon added playfully. Tae-pyung and Eon-jin blushed in unison, bringing a smile to Dong-hoon's face.