chapter two

Eon-jin's POV

"Oh, Eon-jin! Where's Tae-pyung?" My annoyance resurfaced because of her question. She didn't even ask why I was frowning.

"I don't know where he is and besides he wants to be alone."

"Huh? Wait here, I'll look for him first." I pulled her to sit down again.

"Min-jung, he's grown up and won't get lost here. And he said he will figure it out, that's why I left him. He obviously wants to be alone."

"I believe he's fine. Did anything happen between you two after I left? Did you talk to him about what happened earlier?"

"I think, he hates me. He called me clumsy." I said in a hush tone.

"He said that you what?" she asks while trying not to laugh. Ugh seriously this girl...

"Don't make me repeat it again. I know you heard me. He was so harsh to me, as if he didn't want me near him."

"How do you say so? Maybe he had a bad day."

"It's literally 11am in the morning and the day is not over for him to have a bad day. I already said sorry to him and he has the audacity to say I'm clumsy. God! Such a jerk!"

"Just don't mind him, maybe he didn't mean it." she said as if she was comforting me.

"Wait, whose side are you on? Why does it seem like he is your best friend and not me?"

"Of course, you! But you know that he's new to our school, so he's still adjusting. Don't stress yourself over him. It's not good for you." maybe Min-jung is right. I'll just let it pass.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Our class ended without much homework assigned by our teachers. So, I planned to eat with Min-jung to the newly opened ice cream store in front of our school. However, it turns out that she and Yoona's circle already have plans. She asked me if I wanted to join them, but I declined. Yoona is a kind and cool girl, much like Min-jung, but I'm not that close to Yoona's group since they're from a different block. Min-jung is a very social person, a true social butterfly known by everyone in our school. In contrast, I am more reserved, content with whatever friends are there for me.

I was about to head to the bus station when I noticed a car stopping in front of Tae-pyung. Trying not to be nosy, I observed Tae-pyung's face, which displayed clear annoyance. Curious, I waited to see what would unfold. The man who had been talking to Tae-pyung eventually bowed, patted him on the shoulder, and returned to the car. Tae-pyung didn't immediately move from his spot, he seemed troubled. Should I approach and check if everything is okay?

Naturally, my intrusive thought prevailed.

"Tae-pyung! Are you heading home?" I inquired as I walked toward him. He remained silent and continued walking.

"Did you know there's a newly opened ice cream store across the street? Do you want to try it?"

"I'm not a fan of sweets," he replied.

"Come on, everyone loves sweets!"

"Well, I don't." he replied once again, picking up his pace. Time to play my last card.

"I'll treat you, I swear! I just... don't want to head home yet. Min-jung has already gone for a walk with her friends from the other block. I don't have anyone else. Plus, I don't want to eat ice cream alone," I added, then pouted. It seems my final card is effective, as he glances back at me and walks toward me.