Chapter 1 Demon's Maw

There is a canyon among the hills and plain behind the mountain where the Serpent tribe is located. 

Because it looks like a fanged mouth that is about to devour something it was named Demon' Maw. 

Since the tribe lived and rooted itself in this location it has been a witness for hundreds of years of tribal history.

The mountain is small only about 40 meters in height but it makes up with its width connected to some hills. 

Along with the scattered hills in the surrounding land.

The canyon's entrance, from the opening into the depths, is inclined downwards.  

The cave with its entrance crack like a mouth with sharpened teeth is right after the canyon's entrance. 

The light never reaches its deeper places where shadow and darkness dominate.

This gives the Demon's Maw its name which is well deserved given its grim appearance.

And when someone brave entered it. It's like it swallowed those who dare enter. 

That is why it is a forbidden place. No tribesmen go deep into it because they have no need to and nothing to gain

And the tribe is not curious about what's in the depths. Since there is not even a concept of mining. And no prey thrive within the cave's depth. 

Regardless of its presence, plenty of plants and animals inhabit the forest on the mountains and hills. 

And the sparse trees and grasses that linger on the entrance of the canyon and the plains.  

Fruit trees and edible green vegetables.

Fat insect grubs and small animals. 

And the occasional fat birds that migrate from somewhere else when the seasons change.

This is the main source of food for the gathering of women and tribal slaves. Besides other processed and dried food that can be kept for a longer time. 

Except for the occasional bountiful harvest from hunting by the men of the tribe.  Most often they only catch small prey and those weak and hungry animals that are local to these lands. 

Yes, there are slaves in this tribe.

And Slaves are only women. 

Whether it is A child, teenage female, or older woman.

Those unlucky enough to be captured from other tribes and turned slaves. 

And those that are born by slaves.

And I am one of them. 

Born a slave.

My mother gave birth to me. 

A product of rape and multiple forced sexual activity. 

Of course, I am only among many with this life experience. 

My name is "Silver". 

This is Silver using the words she secretly learned to choose a name for herself. 

Describing the color of her hair that embellished her malnourished face. 

With her appearance only some ways before being labeled as having physical defects. 

Thankfully Her eyes still shine with hope for a better future. Like a marble containing countless mysteries to unravel. 

Silver kept thinking as she stroked the short-cut hair she maintained all year around to prevent lice nesting on her head.