o6. the dinner, part two

✧

.*

For the better half of the meal, it went well. Murtagh and Sheneice made excellent supper partners.

"I'm tellin' ye," Murtagh began, reciting one of many stories of how he and Sheneice met. Freya didn't mind it, she found it quite cute actually. It reminded her of her parents. The deep love they shared and how they loved to tell the story of it. Freya hungered for a love like that, but she decided it was well past her own reach.

"I knew the moment my eyes were set on this lass," Murtagh kept on, his eyes gleaming as he shared contact with his wife. "She would be blood of my blood, bone of my bone." He ended his story was the sweetest grin, it nearly stretched ear to ear.

"My sweet Murtagh." Sheneice concluded, her eyes filled with as much love as her heart. They shared eye contact for another moment before Sheneice turned things back over to Freya. "What about you? Do you have anyone you love like this?"

Freya let out a sigh of sorrow, "Nae, dinna think I ever will." She continued to use her fork to pick around her plate. The food was nothing like she consumed at The Hold. They were close to water so they mainly ate fish whereas at the Castle they consumed beef, mostly.

Before Sheneice could question the girl as to why she thought this, a chaotic scene erupted from the table closest to the back wall.

Many stood up, flailing their arms as they yelled for a healer. Others that stood simply were trying to see what was going on.

Murtagh nearly exploded from his seat, "That's Jamie." He pushed several men, women, and children out of his way to reach his godson who lay on the floor, clutching his throat as vomit spewed from it.

Jamie. That was the man who helped her.

Sheneice rushed to Jamie's aid as well. Freya stood up slowly, hands anxiously gripping the other, digging her nails into her skin.