Prologue

The City of Shimérik, often hailed as the mecca of arts, stands as a testament to the enduring allure of creativity and performance. Nestled between rolling hills and adorned with extravagant architecture, Shimérik exudes an air of sophistication and cultural richness.

Its beating heart, an exalted structure befitting only masters of the craft. Paved with cobblestones and melded by aspirations, all streets lead to The Grand Amphitheatre. Built upon the renown of past virtuosos, theatrical performance matured without pause. Demanding ingenuity, the people embraced its rising stars. As the land of the arts, surely this was the most illustrious platform one could desire.

Alas, the town had been struck by tradition... Bound by nature, the great thespians of old vanished with their ideals in hand. Now, an arena reveals shades of ambition and agenda: street performers, musicians, and artists alike competed for the spotlight.

It was not long before the essence of theatre had grown dull. Of course, with haste, the audience had tired of waiting. All in pursuit, now denounced, were left to whisper in darkness. For truth be told, where does fame reside? Like autotrophs, this influence fueled a comfort to then be consumed. A bonafide supernova took to the skies as one reputation did solace derive.

What was lost in entertaining a farce? The arbiters, it was they who declared one to be known as the Soul of Shimérik. Confined within the stage's boundaries, it performed as designed. In this, a dream came to life; thereafter, a divergence was inevitable—to sustain these artificial desires was to morph by their will. Watching, they rose to rise this lone star's guise.

Now in silence, the greatest thrill known to man remains in plain sight. Wandering, their eyes remained open; aimless are the patrons who forgot... Such is the theatre's plight; most were content living without forevermore. 

Yet, outside this dream is but an intrusive bit, one that dulls but does not dampen...

An envoy discovers such hunger—a passion, it thickens... In a world once inundated with desire, they write what it means to react accordingly. This esoteric challenge—a human composition. Bestowed upon one, the means to awaken them all....

When the curtains vanish, what will remain? Naturally, all you can do now is watch and do so idly you will, for sheathed within the truth, an act shall deliver salvation!