Chapter 3

RESEARCH CENTER

"Creepy little guy." Phoebe muttered with a hint of intrigue, watching as the possessor clanked on the glass of its enclosure. She had walked off when Ray was explaining to the others what they had found. She didn't care too much to be a part of the conversation. She was super tired from barely sleeping last night, and they had already been there for more than an hour.
"If i'm possessed," She thought in her head, "I wonder if that is what is inside of me?"

Later, Phoebe was explained to that she needed to go into the extraction machine once more to separate the remnant that stayed inside of her—a piece of Garraka's soul. Lucky overhead, and it made her protective of her.

Phoebe was sitting on the floor up against the machine, waiting. Lucky walked over to her and sat down. "I'm sure it will be okay. I'll be watching the entire time this time, alright?"

Phoebe nodded a little in response, trusting her more than anyone else here. "What will happen to the spirit?" She asked.

"It goes into a separate tube," Lucky explained, pointing to one of the pipes in the second chamber, "Don't worry, yours will be A-okay."

Phoebe took a breath and nodded again.

"It'll go by quick. Just remember why we're doing this. So you'll feel better." Lucky put an arm around her.

...
Later

Phoebe watched nervously as Pinfield messed with the buttons on the screen, causing the chamber to open. Despite her nerves, she had done this before, and it made her calm.

Stepping inside, she felt dizziness as the air began to stir, eventually wrenching her soul out of her body once more. With one last scream, she collapsed to the floor in a sitting position, everything fading to black.