seventeen ;an evocation

Start from the beginning

"you heard what i said, so why are you fooling around like this? one misstep and my blade will drive right into a vital spot." his voice was laced with concern as he continued in your little game of tug of war.

"you'll be killed by my blade."

"you won't kill me. i can't die, anyway."

you gave a lazy smirk, yet so cocky as you exerted a hefty amount of strength with a single pull.

you caused his sword to involuntarily thrust forward, stepping out of the way as abyss let go of the handle from the sudden movement.

in a swift motion, you fingers were wrapped around the hilt rather than the blade of the sword.

"stole your sword. can't fight now, can you?" you waved the weapon in the air, a playful undertone in your words as you lightly teased him.

"really, you..." abyss pursed his lips beneath his mask before creating an arrow beneath him.

his wand was kept within the handle of his blade. you knew that, but you weren't as skilled with fighting with your fists than with a blade.

you had to forge an opportunity to allow the use of your magic and unseal your own sword so you could fight head-on with the second fang.

"go on, fetch." you tossed the sword behind you, watching as abyss zipped past you for his treasured weapon.

and in the fleeting second that his back was turned away from you, you drew your sword, ripping it away from its seal. except, it wasn't enveloped in the usual black flames─ it was a different blade. one specifically crafted to go against magic nullification.

you stood your guard against him when he snapped his head back to keep you under the influence of his evil eye.

"we don't have to fight, (y/n). just stand down and let things proceed as they should be." abyss reasoned, yet his sword was still pointed directly at you.

"how about no?" you rejected his peaceful approach, dashing for him before leaping high into the air with your raised blade.

there was something off-putting about your movements. the way your blade was raised above your head, how your chest was pointed out... it was a javelin throwing stance.

'but... that's a sword she's holding, isn't it?' the unease abyss felt raised his weariness as he propped a foot back.

however, in the split moment before you thrusted your blade forward, his sight caught onto the sigil embedded into it's hilt. it was an infamous emblem, belonging to a well-known family of swordsmiths that once existed thousands of years ago.

the only question was how you were in possession of such an ancient weapon. it was recorded in history that all creations forged by that specific family were eradicated from existence by the kairos lineage.

or perhaps such powerful weapons of war were not eradicated, but instead taken in by the kairos. stolen by the great thousand year-old lineage, and a falsified report to cover up their crime.

such possibility of that happening was indeed high. multiple noble families have been noted for trampling over swordsmiths only to be exposed for stealing their works and forcing the forger to serve under them.

the specific creation you were holding, created specially for going against mages with the ability to nullify magic like him, was a weapon that could change form without magic. instead, it consumed the surrounding magic energy of nature to change forms.