Gear, New Friend

Bell woke up early the next morning. His feet wore sore, a feeling he was much used to after traveling for so long, but he woke up feeling rejuvenated, a feeling he was very much not used to. Must've been because of the bed, as he hadn't slept in one for about a month. It was far better than sleeping on the ground as he had been. Thought, this bed wasn't as comfortable as the one back home...

Bell shook off those thoughts quite fast. No use in thinking like that. At least for now. He would find a familia first, and then there would be plenty of time for self-pity. For now, he didn't have that luxury. He needed to get busy.

Bell removed the door from underneath the door handle and put it back where he found it. Then he walked out and downstairs, and then back out into Orario. 

Bell hadn't known the time when he woke up. His room had a window, but it was pointed right at a building a few feet away. Not very conducive for... much of anything, but especially for telling the time. So it was a nice surprise for Bell to walk outside and see absolutely no one. He was quickly able to realize why; it was much too early for a city like this, which was active way into the late hours, to have begun to awake. It was nice because this gave him an opportunity to explore and look around.

Bell spent a little bit finding his way back to main street, and then started walking toward the dungeon. He wasn't planning on going in, but since he had come from the other way, this was where he would see the most new stuff. And new stuff he did see.

It is quite hard to get a full view understanding of anything when being jostled and pushed around, as well as being kept moving due to the constant wave of people walking. So being on main street this early, with so few people about, gave him a chance to really look and take in everything.

He spent the next hour or so walking around. He did have something to do, something very important, but waking up as early as he had, he figured he should wait a while before going and trying to join a familia. Waking up the people who might have a hand in whether he can or can't join a familia just seemed like something to avoid.

During his hour of walking, Bell had managed to find a few locations of note. On a side street connected to main street, he found an adventuring equipment shop that sold gear for low levels for fair prices. Definitely something to check out later. He also found a general goods shop, selling low level potions, items to be used in the dungeon (most being used to make a quick getaway), and maps. He didn't want  to buy one, but he had quickly come to the realization that him being so frugal with his money was only going to hurt in this situation. In the long term, the map would be more than worth it. He also found a few places to buy clothing and hygiene items, which were the least of his worries for now. His money would be going towards adventuring.

After his time walking, some shops had begun to open up and people had started their days. After only an hour of walking, the streets had already become considerably denser. 

_________________________________________________________________

Bell decided that the first shop he would go to would be the adventuring shop. If he were to become an adventurer and join a familia, looking like an adventurer would help the process of joining a one, and he would need weapons and armor anyways. He backtracked on himself and went down the side street. He found the equipment shop fast and looked at the sign. It read Quickstep. He stepped in.

To the left of the door was a large dwarf. Bald on top, with a very impressive beard and a plain brown tunic, standing behind a countertop. He had scars and was clearly used to combat, but still had a soft face, one you could see the kindness in. He was not as hefty as some of the other dwarves Bell had seen, but a little more muscular. In front of and to the right of the door was tons of equipment.