𝟬𝟵𝟱  father's son

𝙓𝘾𝙑.
FATHER'S SON

the next few updates ,,, bestie

we have 4 chapters left of flatline

i would say enjoy it while it lasts butbut its meand this is angstso

──────

ARCHER FELT LIKE Mark admitting it, but: He had no idea what was going on.

He felt exactly like Mark too: blindsided and slightly out of his depth, walking quickly across a hospital with no sure grasp on his destination. 

His pager blared in his pockets and he waltzed through consultations as if he was dreaming them, he walked from room to room, patient to patient, and yet, not once, could he draw his mind away from the critical family crisis that his whole world was ablaze with.

Oh, and wasn't it just a dumpster fire.

He couldn't remember the last time they'd had such a family crisis–– actually, no, he knew when it was and he knew that he wasn't there. He was sure that to Derek and Mark (and Addison too, if she'd been made aware), this was a grave that they would have rather left alone, but now watched with a dry mouth as it was excavated and it's coffin saw the light of day once again. 

They recognised this–– they knew this–– 

Archer, just swore under his breath and marched on.

The soundtrack to his morning was the echo of Addison's voicemail through his mind. It played over and over and over until his whole body was stiff with dread: it was always the pills, always. It's how Beth works. Please, just keep an eye on her. Don't say anything. Just watch her, please. 

He remembered replaying the voicemail over and over, too. 

He'd replayed it until it'd become a part of him, an extension of some tiny voice at the back of his head:

It's always the pills, always.

But he hadn't believed her, he hadn't believed Addison... he'd labelled it as a continuation of a argument between too sisters. He hadn't believed Addison when she'd said she was concerned, and now, his whole body ached with the regret and guilt of it. He'd just shrugged it off... Archer had just...

He should have watched her closely. That was his immediate thought. 

That's what had swamped his mind as he'd sat in that intervention and watched the expression as it passed across Beth's face.