The color drained from Taehyung's face as he processed Jennie's words, his mind reeling with disbelief and fury. "That's absurd," he spat, his voice thick with anger.

As Jennie's tearful plea echoed through the room, Taehyung's fists clenched with anger, his jaw set in a determined line.

"Why would you say something like that?" he demanded, his voice edged with frustration. "You can't expect me to believe that."

Jennie's eyes widened in fear as she shook her head vehemently. "It's true, Taehyung," she insisted, her voice trembling with urgency. "The Assassin... he threatened to kill me if you don't marry Jayti. He said she's dangerous, that she'll stop at nothing to get what she wants."

"How could they do this to you?" Taehyung exclaimed, his voice laced with anger and frustration. "How could they use your life as leverage to force me into a marriage?"

Jennie's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she recounted the chilling threat made by the assassin. "I-I didn't want to involve you," she stammered, her voice trembling with emotion. "But he said... he said that if you didn't marry Jayti, he would... he would kill me."

The weight of Jennie's words hung heavy in the air, casting a pall over the room as Taehyung struggled to process the gravity of the situation. His mind raced with thoughts of Jayti, the woman he had grown to care for, and the possibility that she could be behind the threats against Jennie's life.

"I won't let anything happen to you," he vowed, his voice firm with resolve. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe, even if it means confronting Jayti and putting an end to this madness once and for all."

With a steely determination in his eyes, Taehyung rose from his seat, his fists clenched at his sides as he vowed to protect Jennie at all costs. "I won't let anyone harm you," he declared, his voice ringing with conviction. "And I won't let Jayti manipulate me any longer."

As Jimin re-entered the room, Taehyung's resolve wavered slightly at Jennie's plea. He couldn't leave her alone in such a vulnerable state, especially with the threat looming over her.

"Taehyung, please," Jennie pleaded, her grip on his arm tightening. "I don't want to be alone right now. What if that assassin comes back?"

Taehyung's heart ached at the fear in Jennie's eyes, his protective instincts kicking into overdrive. "I won't leave you alone," he assured her, his voice softening with compassion. "We'll stay together. Jimin, can I stay here to make sure Jennie is safe home?"

Jimin nodded in agreement, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Of course, Tae," he replied, moving to Jennie's side to offer his support.

With Jimin's help, Taehyung gently guided Jennie to her feet, his arm wrapped protectively around her shoulders.

As Taehyung made the decision to stay by Jennie's side, he gently ushered Jimin towards the door, his mind racing with thoughts of how to keep Jennie safe in the midst of the danger that surrounded them.

As they reached the doorstep, Jimin's voice broke the tense silence, his question hanging in the air like a heavy fog. "Taehyung, have you and Jennie been... intimate lately?"

Taehyung's cheeks flushed with embarrassment at the unexpected question, his gaze darting away as he hesitated before answering. "N-no," he stammered, his voice barely above a whisper. "We haven't."

Jimin nodded understandingly, though a flicker of concern flashed across his features at Taehyung's hesitant response.

"Taehyung," he began, his voice tinged with uncertainty, "did you and Jennie have wine together?"

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected question. Sensing the tension in the air, Taehyung hesitated before responding.

"No, we didn't," he replied slowly, his voice laced with confusion. "Why do you ask?"

Jimin's heart raced with guilt as he met Taehyung's gaze, his mind scrambling to come up with a plausible explanation for the lie he was about to tell.

"Oh, it's nothing," Jimin replied with forced nonchalance, a faint smile playing at his lips. "I just thought I saw some wine glasses in the kitchen earlier, but I must have been mistaken."

Taehyung's brow furrowed in confusion at Jimin's response, but he chose to accept it without further questioning. Deep down, however, a seed of doubt had been planted in Taehyung's mind, stirring up a whirlwind of suspicion and unease.

As Jimin bid Taehyung goodnight and made his way out the door, his heart weighed heavy with the burden of the truth he had chosen to conceal. But for now, he knew that protecting Taehyung from the painful reality of the situation was the only option he had.

With a reassuring pat on Taehyung's shoulder, Jimin bid them farewell, leaving Taehyung to grapple with his conflicting emotions in the solitude of Jennie's home.