Chapter 45: The Bigman of Crime

Start from the beginning

???: But perhaps we'll make an exception for the hero of the day. I am L. Thompson Lincoln.

Y/N: Please, you're the Bigman.

He stands up.

I gotta say, he's alot taller than he looks.

???: In my life I've been called many name's. My favourite is Tombstone.

I stand up too.

Y/N: Back off! I just took down the Rhino. Some douchebag in a three-piece suit doesn't...

Before I could continue he hits me in the face knocking me back and to the ground.

I spring off my hands and backflip back onto my feet.

Tombstone jumps over his desk and lands infront of me.

I go to punch him, but he catches my hand and uppercuts me in the stomach and this sends me into the air.

He then hits with a right cross and I hit the ground hard.

Before I could get up he pins me to the ground with his foot.

Y/N: Are you a Super Soldier or something?

He gets closer to me.

Tombstone: Or something. Now, don't move, boy. Just listen and I'll teach you the facts of life.

I use a web line to hit him with a pool ball, but he catches it and crushes it in his hand.

Y/N: Damn.

Tombstone: The Bigman, whomever he might be has nothing against heroes. No hero can fight enough crime to dent his income, but you. You frightened criminals off the streets entirely, except when you're off battling the likes of the Rhino.

He let's me up and goes back to his desk.

Tombstone: Then the Bigman's petty army of thugs think themselves beneath Spider-Man and his team's notice.

I stand back up.

Y/N: So, as long as I keep fighting crime. You're gonna keep making bigger and badder...

Tombstone: Now you're starting to get it, but there is a way out.

Lincoln then offers me money in a case.

Tombstone: Come and work for me and I'll pay you this money. All you have to do is look the other way on occasion. On any occasion I choose.

I step forward.

Y/N: I will never look the other way. Now, let's finish this. 

Tombstone: Ah, if you insist.

He hits a buzzer and two cops come in.

Tombstone: Officers, arrest Spider-Man. He has trespassed on my property, assaulted my employees and threatened my person.

Y/N: Wait, you can't listen to him. He's the bad guy, he's the...

The cops see the two thugs I pinned to the ceiling and point their guns at me.

Cop: Freeze, Spider-Man! You're under arrest!

Y/N: Damn it!

I shoot out a web and attach it to a chair. I throw the chair at the window and swing out of the broken window.

I swing away.

(One hour later)

I'm now back at the Spider Cave with Kate amd the other's.

I'm sat in a chair as Kate looks over my injuries.

Y/N: Ah, easy.

Kate: Sorry, babe.

She kisses me on the cheek.

Harry: So, the Bigman is strong, huh?

Y/N: Oh, yeah. Real strong.

Ben: What is he though?

Y/N: I don't know. My guess is he's a Super Soldier, but I can't be sure.

Harry: So, how do we stop him?

Y/N: Honestly, I don't know yet.

I stand up.

Y/N: But we'll find a way. We always do. We'll figure out later. For now, let's get some rest.

Ben: Yes, boss.

Harry and Ben then leave the cave.

I look at Katie.

Kate: Are you sure you're okay?

Y/N: I'm okay, I promise.

Kate: Good. You wanna stay with me again tonight?

I smile.

Y/N: Definitely.

I pull her close and we kiss.

We'll deal with the Bigman later.

Right now I want to spend some time with my new girlfriend.