Chapter 38: The New Avengers Team

(One week later)

(Upstate New York)

Y/N's P.O.V

So it's been a week since the Battle of Sokovia and now myself and the other Avengers are in Upstate New York.

This is because Tony decided to build the new Avengers facility there.

He did tell me that he's planning on selling Avengers Tower now that we have the Avengers Compound.

Anyway, right now I'm walking down the hallway with Tony, Steve and Thor as the three of us are seeing Thor off.

Tony: The rules are changing, we're dealing with something new.

Steve: The Vision is an A.I.

Tony: A machine.

Steve: So it doesn't count?

Y/N: No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer.

Steve: Right it's different rules for us.

Y/N: He's a nice guy. But he's artificial. No offence, Tony.

Steve chuckles.

Tony: It's all good. I built him after all.

Thor: If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the mind stone. It's safest with the Vision. And these days safe is in short supply.

There was a moment of silence

Steve: But if you put the hammer in an elevator.

Tony: It'd still go up.

Y/N: The elevator's not worthy.

Thor smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder.

Thor: I'm gonna miss these talks.

Y/N: Not if you don't leave.

Thor: I have no choice. The mind stone is the fourth infinite stone to show up in the last few years, and that's not a coincidence.

The four of us head outside.

Thor: Someone has been playing a game and made pawns of us. And once all of the pieces are in position...

Tony: Triple Yahtzee.

Y/N: You think you can find out what's coming?

Thor: I do.

Thor then pats Tony on the chest, before walking forward.

Thor: Aside from this one. There's nothing that can't be explained.

Thor then summons the byfrost and uses it to fly off to who knows where.

We all look at the ground.

Tony: That man has no regard for lawn maintenance.

We start walking to the dirt drive way.

Tony: I'm gonna miss him though. I'm gonna miss you guys and, you guys are gonna miss me. There's bound to be a lot of manly tears.

Steve: I will miss you, Tony.

Y/N: Yeah, me too.

Tony: Yeah, well it's time for me to tap out boys. Maybe I should take a page outta Barton's book, build Pepper a farm and hope no one blows it up.

Steve: The simple life.

Tony: You guys will get there one day.

Y/N: I hope so.

I say this as I hope I might get that life with someone special. Maybe it'll be Kate.

Though I don't know why I'm thinking about that. I'm years off of retiring.

Steve: I don't know. Family, stability. I think the guy that wanted all that went into the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out.

Tony opened his car door.

Tony: You okay?

Cap looked around for a moment.

Steve: I'm home.

After that Tony drives away.

Steve and I then head back into the compound.

I go to find Natasha.

When I find them I see her staring at a wall.

Y/N: So do you want to keep staring at the wall, Nat? Or do you want to go to work? I mean it's a pretty cool wall.

She walks over to me.

Natasha: Well, we thought you, Steve and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes. And I don't know how I feel about that.

I start laughing.

Natasha: So, how are we looking?

I had her the tablet.

Y/N: Well, we're not the '27 Yankees. As Steve would say.

Natasha: We've got some hitters.

Y/N: They're good. They're not a team yet.

Natasha: Well let's help the Captain beat 'em into shape.

Nat and I walk through the door and stand next to Steve.

We then look out at our new team of Avengers.

Ben Reilly a.k.a Scarlet Spider, Kate Bishop a.k.a Hawkness, Sam Wilson a.k.a the Falcon, James Rhodes a.k.a Warmachine, Vision and finally Wanda Maximoff a.k.a Scarlet Witch.

The four of us look down at the new Avengers.

Steve: Avengers...

(A/N: Well, that's it for the Avengers Age of Ultron arc. Next up is Spider-Man: The Bigman of Crime. I hope you'll enjoy it.)