two

I was mentally preparing myself to start at a whole new school. Did I mention that this is also my first time going back to in person classes? Mom has homeschooled me ever since she took me on tour and even after that. When it was Ivy's turn to start going to school, they let her, but in a very private school. I was upset that I wasn't allowed to attend in person. Mom and Dad were too paranoid that something was going to happen to me, but they let my younger sister go?

That wasn't even the worst part. Ivy got to make real friends. The only friends I've ever had were my Mom's friend's children, and they even got to attend in person school. I was going to be attending the same school as Ryan and Blake's daughter, James. James is probably the closest person I can call my friend, even if I'm not hers.

I looked at the backpack that Mom ordered for me online and it arrived yesterday. It was already filled with all of my supplies I also had little packages of baked goods for my teachers that Mom and I baked were that were by my lunchbox downstairs. I was struggling on what I was going to wear for my first day, what does a freshman even wear? I searched through my closet, looking through all of the new clothes that I got a while ago. I wanted to wear something casual, but not too casual. I also wanted to be known as someone that had a good fashion sense, but didn't want to stand out too much.

I decided on a pair of light washed, high waisted shorts along with a sage green colored cropped long sleeve. It was summer in the city, but I had a feeling the school might be cold inside, so I also brought out my oversized gray zipped hoodie. I stared at my rack of shoes, overwhelmed by how many I actual had. I had every color of Converse, Vans, and Nikes. I ended up picking my white high top Converse.

When I finished neatly folding my clothes by my backpack, I made my way downstairs where Mom, Dad, and Ivy were cuddled on the couch, watching a movie. Ivy has been sleeping late this whole summer, so our parents were trying to tire her early. I tried to quickly move past, not wanting to be seen, but I saw my Mom's head turn in my direction. I walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge and pretended to look for something.

"Hungry baby?" I heard Mom ask from behind me. I nodded my head, still looking in the fridge. I felt her wrap her arms around my waist, giving me a tight hug.

She knew I was anxious about starting school tomorrow. Everyone did, I was getting bombarded with messages from everyone I knew, asking if I was okay.

I closed the fridge, deciding that I wasn't going to force myself to eat something if I wasn't actually hungry. Mom looked at me confused and I shrugged my shoulders as I sat down on one of the stools at the island. She followed me, taking a seat next to me.

What really sucked was that Mom was going to be releasing a new album in the fall. After going back on tour, a year after having Ivy, she had already written so much. I knew the Swifties were going to love this one, it was my favorite one for sure. She kept telling me how excited she was to hear the songs she wrote about me, but wouldn't let me hear them until release day.

"Are you feeling okay? Do you think you will be fine tomorrow?" She asks, looking at me concerned eyes. I froze, not knowing if I should just tell her the truth or just say what she wants to hear.

"I'll be fine" I tell her. I heard her sigh as she turned to look back into the living room.

"Wanna stay down here to finish the movie with us? Looks like Ivy is falling asleep" She whispered, pointing towards her. I looked around the corner, seeing Ivy curled up on Dad's lap.

"No, it's fine. You guys finish that movie" I tell her, waving my hand at her to go back into the living room.

I looked at my phone, seeing that it was already 9 PM and I wanted to get up extra early tomorrow. I grabbed my water bottle from the fridge, checking to see if it was filled and started to head back up the stairs.