CHAPTER 10: Who we are...

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Mary, I'm so sorry my friend, I guess you have your own valid reasons for doing that. I know I wouldn't have taken it well if I was in your place. Okay, let's try and find Yibo and forget about we talked about earlier for now. We will discuss it if it needed."

Yanli understood very well what she meant by that, but she wanted to find her grandson, nothing was more important than that at the moment so she nodded her head in agreement. They explained everything to Zhan and when they were done, Wen Ning walked in.

He was shocked to see Zhan awake and he was so happy with a bit of confusion in his eyes. The thing is he didn't know if Zhan had woken up as himself or as Wei Ying, or even as a highjacked as Yibo. He realised that he was staring at Zhan rather than looking and he cleared his throat and went closer to them. But he was so exited and couldn't help it, with a smile on his face he asked...

" Wei Go- I mean...Mr Zhan, how are you feeling now?"

Zhan was quite, from the time his grandmothers started arguing, he was quite and observant. Their body language and their lip movement eve before a single word could be formed, he had already saw what they wanted to say. He looked around as they explained what had happened while he was sleeping and even though he was quite, his eyes darted everywhere like he was searching for something.

That was until Wen Ning came in. When Wen Ning looked at him in total shock, he could see that he was also happy because he couldn't contain himself. Not only that, Zhan realised that he could see and hear things the way he didn't before. It was like he was a newer version of himself. When Wen Ning asked in he was okay, he had clearly heard the name Wen Ning wanted to use even though he didn't finish saying the name.

Once the room was quite again, and everyone's eyes on him, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Wen Ning wanted to see if he was his Wei Gonzi and Mary and Yanli wanted to see if he woke up as their Zhan. It became awkward in the room, that was until started speaking.

"Wen Ning, why didn't you stop them from leaving? Do you have any idea of whom might have taken him?"

"Huh? Uhm...I...I Uhm...Wei Gonzi?"

"What? I asked you a question."

"Uhm...no, don't know who or where, I have been with the Wang family awaiting your return. I don't have much information about the outside world, I'm sorry for not being of help."

"Why were you waiting for me here in the Wang family?"

"Well...you see....clan leader Lan Xichen said that Lan Gonzi would be born in this family, so I knew if I find Lan Gonzi then he will come find you or vice versa. "

Zhan got up the bed and walked to the window and looked outside. Yanli and Marketing were heartbroken, what might have happened to their grandsons? Why were things like that.? On the other hand, Wen Ning was happy to finally see his master again, even though he was worried about Yibo and Zhan, he still couldn't stop himself from the relief of finding his master.

"Wen Ning, you are not from this time and era, why would you indulge yourself in earthly matters and forget why you were here? Right now you have no idea how this world works, all you did was to play with dirt all this time...what a waste of my time. If I had known you would helplessly wait for me and do nothing like this then I should have killed you along with me back then."

"What..? you killed yourself? But I was there...I saw how clan leader Jiang stabbed you with the sword and you fell down the cliff. Everyone saw that.!"

"Wen Ning....were you there with us at the time?"

"No, I was there but I wasn't close, but we saw clan leader Jiang raise his sword and then stab you. We also saw lots of smoke coming down the mountain after you fell along with some ghostly growls. That made everyone think that you were torn apart by the resentment energy while it was trying to flee from your body, trying to save itself from perishing along with you, their master."