CHAPTER 4: CHAOS AMIDST CHAOS

It was later in the afternoon and two guys were sitting in the small cafe just outside college. It was occupied mostly by students and a few of those who couldn't block their craving for coffee as it's aroma was taken throughout the distant part of the cafe. They two were sitting opposite each other, one was sipping on his coffee while the other just let his coffee to sit on the table and chose to glance at the guy infront of him.

"You wanted to see me, so..here I am. I need to leave in ten minutes."

"Oh come in Zhan, you just got here. You said we'll meet at three and here you were forty minutes late and you wanna leave..? What happened to you being nice to your saviour..? Hmm? I thought you were a man of your words."

"I am, and that's why I'm here, so please state your business"

Jeff shyly sipped his coffee and raised his eyes to peek in at Zhan from his cup. He knew exactly what he wanted to say, but all of a sudden...now that Zhan was sitting right there with him, he felt nervous somehow. He glanced again at Zhan and at the coffee on the table and he decided to say something just so that he doesn't sound weird when he tells Zhan what he wanted to say.

"Just drink your coffee first so we could talk, it's getting cold you know.."

"I'm fine thanks, I don't drink coffee."

Jeff was at loss, there was nothing he could say after what Zhan had said. He had not researched useful info about Zhan and thus ended up making an embarrassing mistake. How could he buy coffee in advance for Zhan and not wait for him to come some could order what he wanted himself. He scratched the back of his head and decided to say what he wanted to say. With a trembling  voice, he swallowed hard and with eyes very much focused in the price, which at that moment was Zhan...he confessed, just like that.

"Zhan...I...I like you, I fell for you immediately when my eyes were laid on you. I just wanted to pursue you, and ask you to give me chance to do just that."

Zhan kept quiet but his eyes were still on Jeff, showing that he was very much listening to what he had said. But what Jeff failed to see, was a fondness in Zhan's eyes, or even shyness that left his cheeks tinted in a beautiful pinkish colour. Making him look so mesmerizing that even the other cafe occupants couldn't stop sighing in disbelief. It was unfair to the for a guy to look that way when they were girls buy didn't look anything like Zhan did.

A minute passed and Zhan decided to go against his flattered heart and just keep himself as pure as he was. Well...atleast that's what he thought when he grabbed tight his backpack and said...

"I'm sorry Jeff, I can't. I mean...I just met you and even if I gave you permission...it won't do cause I don't have time to date right now. I need to focus on what's important first before even thinking about relationships."

"You don't have to do anything, I will do anything for you, even if it meant shouting on the college roof for everyone to hear how much I like you I wouldn't mind."

"I can't leave everything to you, it won't be fair to you. I think it would be best that you find someone who will give you the kind of attention that you will need, cause I simply cannot give it."

Zhan stood up and left Jeff sitting there, in awe of how casually Zhan said all those things in a subtle way and act as if it wasn't a big deal. Even when the cafe door bell rang, he didn't think too much about it, it was a minute later after Zhan's words stopped ringing from his ear when he heard the door bell ring again and the door slammed shut that he came back to himself. He sat there, thinking about how Zhan had rejected him, it was a first for him. He had been in relationships before, and there was no one who ever rejected him.