Chapter 11: Sisters

After their many attempts to tell Veronica to skip the fundraiser, Stefan and Elena were now out beat as Veronica decided the fundraiser was right where she needed to be

After their many attempts to tell Veronica to skip the fundraiser, Stefan and Elena were now out beat as Veronica decided the fundraiser was right where she needed to be. She had gotten a text from her dad telling her that he would be apart of the fundraiser. So, since her father was there, she needed to be there. Stefan decided that he would stay back and ride with Cassie and Damon and that left Veronica going with her new found sister.

They were driving to the grill in complete silence until Veronica decided to speak up, "look Elena, I appreciate you and Stefan telling me everything but I'd like to wait to mention this to Ric. I just want to give him a chance to tell me before I confront him about it."

"Of course." Elena replied as she parked the car before continuing, "I want to let you know that I'm happy to find out I have a sister. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I said it was too much, I just meant that-"

Veronica cut Elena off, "it's fine. I get it trust me. I think I'm happy too. I mean I am happy. It's been just me my whole life and to know that I have a sister now is....."

Elena and Veronica both said finished the sentence together, "exciting." Before laughter and walking towards the grill.

When the two walked in they saw the mayors wife, Carol Lockwood, giving some announcements about the raffle. Veronica spotted her father right away talking with Elena's aunt. They made eye contact for a moment before Veronica quickly looked away. Maybe she should have stayed home. She thought she would be okay seeing her dad but suddenly when it became real and she actually physically saw him she felt like breaking down. That was until she felt a hand on arm.

"You don't have to be here, if it's too hard I'll take you home, or you can stay at mine if you want some space." Elena offered.

"No, uh, I'm fine. I think it's better being in public than alone." Veronica said as they approached the host table where Matt and Caroline were standing.

"Hey, you guys made it!" The Forbes girl said excitedly. Matt simply smiled at the two girls not really having much to say given he's only had one conversation with Veronica.

"Hey guys. Damon ditched me and I spotted some familiar faces. Mind if I join you?" Cassidy had been following Damon around like a lost puppy the whole time. It wasn't until Damon spotted the mayors wife and went to go talk to her that Cassie decided she needed someone other than him to talk. So when she spotted Elena and Veronica she thought why not go talk to the only two other people she knew besides the Salvatore's.

"Hey Cassie, um guys this is Cassidy uh-" Elena was cut off when Cassidy decided to introduce herself, "I'm Cassidy Fell."

The couple quickly recognized her last name as it was a founding family name. A rather big one to be exact.

"Fell? Another founding family member? I've never seen you before, I'm Caroline Forbes and this is Matt Donovan."

"Nice you meet you Caroline and Matt, and yes I just moved to town. I'm a very distant Fell." Cassidy replied.