Moon Dads

You woke up in the early hours of the morning when you heard your father scream. You rushed outside of your room and saw him bracing himself against the kitchen bench. 

“Dad… Did you have a nightmare?” You muttered, hugging your teddy to your chest. 

“Go back to bed.” He grumbled as you slowly stepped forward. 

“It’s okay, daddy. I have nightmares too sometimes.” You whispered as he glanced at you. 

“Back to bed.” He growled as you felt tears in your eyes. 

“I just wanna help.” You whispered before he acted without thinking and swung around, hitting you in the face. 

“I said go back to bed!” He screamed as you fell to the ground and looked up at him in fear. 

He paused for a moment and stared down at you before you started crying and quickly ran to your room and locked your door. 

“Oh, shit.” He muttered before running to your bedroom door. 

“Y/N? Y/N darling, please unlock the door. I’m so sorry, baby girl. I wasn’t thinking.” He said as he gently knocked on your door. 

You slowly opened the door and let him inside. 

You went to your bed and sat down with your teddy. 

Marc walked over and knelt beside your bed. 

“I’m so sorry, darling. You know I would never intentionally hurt you, okay? I lost control.” He whispered holding your face in his hand as you cried. 

“I just wanted to help.” You whispered, Marc hadn’t ever felt this guilty. 

He sits on the bed and cuddles you into him. 

“Shh, baby. You’re so sweet to care about me, it was my fault, darling.” He whispered rubbing your back gently as you cuddled him. 

He laid down with you still in his arms. 

“I’m right here, sweetheart. Go back to sleep.” He whispered, kissing your forehead softly. 

“Love you, daddy.”