Moon Dads / PTSD

They loved nothing more in this world then giving you affection.
They knew before you'd ended up with them, no one had ever given you comfort or affection.
They loved seeing you relax when they would hug you or even just hold your hand. The way you could instantly cuddle into them whenever one of them sat beside you.
Steven sat watching TV with your head resting on his lap while you slept.
He looked down at you and smiled, not knowing how anyone in this world could've ever hurt you. He ran his hand through your hair before he noticed your body shaking slightly.
He looked down sadly and continued playing with your hair to gtu and calm you down.
After a few minutes you gasped and woke up, having a panic attack.
You gripped at your chest as your breathing became short and unstable, your body shook as Steven quickly stood up and kneeled by the couch so you could see him.

"Sweetheart. It's okay, I'm here. Daddy's here, darling." He whispered as he took your hands in his.

"I don't want it." You whispered as you began to cry, he quickly grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around you.

"Breath, love. I'm right here, you're in our apartment, baby." He whispered as he sat in front of you and held your hands.
He saw you taking in deep breaths as he breathed with you.

"That's a good girl, keep going, baby." He said as you nodded a little.
You squeezed his hands and he offered you a soft smile.

"Are you back with me?" He asked, you nod in response.

"I'm sorry, it was just a nightmare." You whispered as he leant forward and kissed your cheek.

"It's alright, love. You're safe with me. Come here." He whispered as he leant back and pulled you to lay on his chest.
You cried softly as you pulled the blanket into your chest and listened to Steven's steady heartbeat.

"Is that good, sweetheart?" Steven asked as he played with your hair gently.

"Yes... Thank you." You muttered making him smile softly.

"That's okay, baby. I love you so much."