Numb (yandere)

It was normal for your mind to switch off and go into auto, when everyday could end with you being hurt, you learnt to just be numb and do whatever they said.

But, Steven was the one that started to notice it more than the others.

He sat beside you on the couch and ran his hand through your hair, noticing nothing changed in your face.

"Hey, love. You've been so...different lately, is something wrong?" He asked still stroking your hair.

"What do you mean?" You whispered making him sigh.

"You're so...numb these days. I miss my Y/N." He whispered kissing the side of your head.

"Baby? Talk to me." He whispered as you slowly looked at him.

"It's okay, do you want dinner?" You replied, as if it was completely rehersed.

"No... No it's okay, we'll order in whatever you want. How does that sound?" He said, an unsure smile gracing his face.

"Why?" You whispered as if it was some kind of trick.

"Because you're our special girl, you deserve to have a treat." He said holding your face in his hand.

"Okay..."

--

Steven stood in the bathroom, staring into the mirror.

"What have we done, Marc? She's just a shell now, maybe we went too hard on her." Steven muttered as Marc looked back at him.

"Maybe for the first few months we were pretty hard on her... But, she needed to learn what was right and wrong." He replied making Steven sigh.

"I just want her back to how she was." He muttered sadly.

"What if we try a few things? Maybe we could get her a pet or something." He said as Steven nodded, he glanced out of the bathroom to see you sitting by the window just staring out.

He walked up to you and knelt beside the chair.

"What are you looking at, darling?" He asked softly.

"Nothing." You muttered in a monotone voice.

"Do you want to go out for a walk?" He asked as you slowly turned to look at him.

"I'm not allowed outside." You responded, blandly.

"But, just this one special time. I'll be there beside you." He said as you went back to staring out the window.

"No thank you." You muttered making him sigh.

"Stay here, okay? I just need to go out for a bit."

--

When Steven returned, he found you in the exact spot he had left you in.

He walked over to you again, holding something in his arms.

"Y/N, love. I got something for you." He said slowly placing a dog onto your lap, you looked down at the small jack russell that looked over the moon to see you.

You slowly reached up and started to pat him, eventually Steven saw a small smile on your face.

"What's his name?" You muttered, the dog licking your hand.

"His name is Mutt, original I know but he's a rescue dog. I was thinking he could be yours." Steven said as you looked at him in confusion.

"But... Why?" You asked, your smile fading.

"You've been so...numb lately. I just want to see the old Y/N." He said as the dog settled in your lap.

"I thought that's what you wanted... I stopped showing emotions because...you always got angry." You whispered, Steven could see tears begining to form in your eyes, knowing how much you had held in for the past few weeks.

"I know, and I'm sorry we got so angry. We went too hard on you, we just wanted you to do the right thing. But, we hurt you and we shouldn't have." Steven said as you began to cry, he reached up and wrapped his arms around you as you sobbed, your new dog licking your face to try and help.

"It's okay, baby. I've got you. It's okay." Steven whispered playing with your hair as you cried into his shoulder.

"We'll go easier on you from now on, okay?" He whispered as you nodded a little and continued to cry.

"It's alright, love."