✯ 58 ✯ Vanguard Invasion

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

"Momo, something's wrong," I said.

"Everyone!" Mandalay called.

"Is that Mandalay?" Momo asked.

"Two villains attacked us, it's possible there are more coming. Everyone return to camp immediately, we're regrouping. Do not engage with the enemies," Mandalay ordered.

"Let's go," Momo said.

I turned around only to scowl.

"We can't, fire is blocking our exit," I said.

When did it get so close? I looked back in front of us and frowned seeing Mustard's gas.

"There's some sort of gas in the air. Momo, the others need help. Since we can't go back, our best choice is to group up with others, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're right," Momo nodded.

"Make us some masks, we'll need them," I said.

"Right," Momo nodded.

Momo created some masks as we ran forward. Eventually we met Tetsutetsu, Shiozaki, and Awase. We gave them masks. I gave a couple more to Tetsutetsu in case he ran into anyone.

"Thanks," Tetsutetsu nodded.

"Go back to camp, and get Shiozaki the help she needs. Awase, we need to know where the others are," I said.

"Right, this way," he said.

We began rushing off until I saw something flash beside us. I quickly created a large barrier to block the attack and fire soon after hit my barrier.

"(L/N)!" Awase called.

"More people need your help right now, go! I can hold this off!" I yelled.

"But-!" Momo called.

I turned to her and offered a firm gaze, telling her not to argue with me. She frowned, closing her eyes in hesitance, but nodded.

"Alright, stay safe," she said.

"Is it really okay to-?" Awase began asking.

"She'll be fine, she's one of the best in our class. Your classmates need more help right now!" Momo said.

The two ran off and as the fire stopped shooting I lowered my barrier and glared. Taken off guard even when I knew they'd be here.

I hated it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Izuku Midoriya•

Spotting a villain about to crush Kota I rushed forward and grabbed him and rolled away. I coughed as the dust got into my throat.

"What are you doing?" Kota asked.

"Huh, now you I recognize. You were on the list," the villain said.

I came up here to make sure Kota got back safe. I didn't think I'd actually run into any villains.

I looked over to see my phone broken on the ground.

Dammit, that landing broke my phone! I didn't tell anyone where I was going, which means I can't hope for reinforcements to show up. It's just me...all alone, I have to stop this guy by myself, but can I really do that while protecting Kota at the same time?