SAFE

The wind from the impact of Yuugo swinging the door open flushed our faces with a wood-like smell till our eyes landed on the room. As we all walked in, our surroundings calmed our nerves.

Instead of a hardcore, secret office, or some sort of underground base, the room we all stood in was nothing more than just a dining room.

Nicolas blinked his eyes, turning his to scan the room, "This is where Mr. Minerva... lives?" He raised a brow while everyone was in awe.

The rectangular room had a shade of dark-green walls with the bottom half being decorated with slanted checkers. In the middle of the room stood a thick brown table with 7 chairs, 3 on the left on the right side with one chair in the middle. Behind the table was a flat desk with large cabinets at the bottom and an old typewriter.

But the oddest thing in the room was the excessive amount of monitors.

"A-are those T.Vs?!" The younger kids shouted, white going to their eyes as their souls began to slip away from them from shock, only to be saved by Dina who began to calm them down.

Lucas helped me walk to the back of the room where the multiple monitors hung from the walls, in the middle was the largest TV surrounded by the other devices.

"Do you think they even work?" I asked out of the blue, though only Lucas heard my question.

He groaned quietly, "We can check that out later, right now we need to explore this place."

"Guys, look at this."

Walter's voice was raised in the room causing all of us to turn around and look at him. His long arm reached over to the middle of the table and that's when we saw an unopened letter that was sealed which almost made it seem like it was brand new.

We all huddled in a tight group, looking eagerly at the letter, "It looks like it's hand-packaged," Yuugo inquired taking the paper from Walter's hands.

"Open it!" Stacy called out.

Without saying another thing, we all closely watched Yuugo tear the paper on top of the letter before he pulled out a folded piece of paper.

Unfolding it, Yuugo began to read out, "Congratulations on your arrival,"

"I'm sorry I cannot celebrate it with you in person. However, if you strive for more, more than a safe place to live..."

"Bring your pen and come here."

"A06-63, William Minerva."

Shooting his head up to look at all of us with wide us, his curly black hair frizzed from the quick move, "This is... this place is,"

"A shelter!" Nicolas finished his sentence for him. Everyone frantically looked around, tracing their hands all over the room. Along the smooth walls, chairs, thick table, and monitors.

Yuugo smiled, "Exactly," He concluded making all of us turn to him and gather around, "This was a shelter given to us to survive out in this world we live in. Mr. Minerva provided this for us as a safe place after escaping our farms."

He began to walk out of the room and went into the hallway where the multiple doors were. At the end of the hall where we all stood were two different hallways that were unexplored.

"Let's start looking for leads about Minerva and the world by using what's here," He stated while he looked at all of us raising his hands, "To begin with, everyone split up into groups of 4 and explore every inch of this place."

Everyone complied right away, especially the younger ones who couldn't hold in their excitement. Kids began bolting through the hallways, and as for me, Lucas stayed by my side.

I Hate You | Yuugo x Reader x Lucasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें