PRESICE

The image of a demon nearly half the sizes of the trees came running after us, turned everyone into an extremely tight situation, to where our lives depended on it.

Instantly, Nicolas took off with me, behind his back, "Shit!" He yelled nearly stumbling from the vibration within each step the demon took.

My breathing began to fly off the charts, if Nicolas were to drop me right now, I'd be dead in a second.

"I don't get it! Why is this demon bigger than the ones we've seen before?!" Dina yelled out catching up to the slower children at the back of the group and grabbing a hold of the smaller one. She swiftly grabbed Cherise's body and took her in her arms while running.

Yuugo groaned, "Discuss that later! We gotta..." His eyes shot into the direction where everyone was running and noticed Nicolas slowly losing stamina due to the extra weight he had to carry.

'Shit, [Name],' He thought of my physical state before quickly moving his attention to Walter and Lucas who were at the front guiding everyone. Lucas had grabbed Frank in his arms.

I swung my head back looking at the demon, it ran on its fours but due to the massive size, it was still a bit slow. Turning my head back around, I noticed how the other children began to move faster than Nicolas, it was clear I was slowing him down.

He needed to drop the weight so he could survive.

My eyes darted everywhere noticing how each of them began to move ahead, my arms held tightly around Nicolas's neck and collarbone. But then I began to debate with myself.

'I'm already weakened, at this point I'm just dead weight.'

I wanted to shake my head to say I was wrong, but was it really wrong when I couldn't even protect myself?

Slowly, I began to loosen my grip on his body making him catch on quickly, "What are ya' doin' [Name]! Hold on tightly you dimwit!" His British accent roared thicker than before.

"No, you don't understand-"

"Yes I do! Now if you don't grab on, I swear to the great heavens that I will haunt you for the rest of your life when I DIE!" He shouted at my face continuing to run while he began to lose his breath.

But he couldn't stop me since his hands supported my legs to carry me on his back, my arms removed themselves from his collarbone, then his neck, and rested on his shoulders dangerously with zero tolerance of holding on anymore, "I said hold on!" He yelled with even more panic.

My mouth couldn't form the words I wanted to say, but each second the vibrations from the ground grew louder until my fingers slipped and my body began to fall backwards. Closing my eyes, I started to accept my fate.

"[NAME]!" He screamed having to let go of my legs, otherwise it would hurt me even more.

"Gotcha," A slick voice echoed on my right. Before I knew it, I felt myself in the arms of a familiar person. My eyes darted to the sky and was met with the chin of Yuugo.

He clicked his tongue, keeping his eyes in front of him, "Yer' always tryna find a new way to die... we're gonna havta put you onna leash at this rate!" He looked down at me when he had finished his sentence.

I jumped in surprise looking away, "I didn't mean to fall—!"

"I didn't mean to fall my ass!" The black-haired boy yelled at me.

"You clearly let go on purpose!" Him and Nicolas yelled at the same time startling me.

"Hey! No time for arguing ya' boneheads!" Lucas yelled from the front catching everyone's attention. We all looked up at him while he had turned his head back to look at all of us while running, "We have to split! Group A follow me, Group B go with Walter! Understand?!" He shouted making me and Dina grow confused.