The quiet flame of revenge

Start from the beginning

"And all that brooding gave me a perfect score-"

"And a migraine that forced nosebleeds nightly" he reminded before smiling down at her as she looked up at him, "lucky you had me to force feed you ice-cream and clean the blood away."

"And now?" She couldn't help her slight prompting smile, standing on her tippy toes up to him, "what could you possibly do this time to fix my bad mood?"

"Hmmm, let me see" he leant down to meet her lips, pausing as they brushed slightly, "perhaps this?"

"Derek!" Darling couldn't help her squark of laughter as he suddenly bent down, hoisting her over his shoulder and leading them out of the apartment where a snoozing Clooney paid no attention to Darling's laughter-filled claims of kidnapping.

"Shh or someone will call the police you maniac" Morgan chuckled before accidentally smacking her head on the passenger side door trying to remove her from his shoulder, "holy shit!"

"OW?!" She couldn't help laughing through the pain that he immediately apologised for, "so I see your new tactic to cheer me up is to just give me a fun concussion?"

"I prefer to call it a fun-cussion" Morgan partly teased before gently checking her head, "seriously through are you okay?"

"Who are you? Where am I? What year is it?" 

"Very funny" he rolled his eyes with a chuckle, shutting the door and hopping in the driver's seat, "where to then?"

"You're asking me? This is your kidnapping mister."

"Pretend I'm a gentleman" he joked, "what could you eat?" 

"Other than a big plate of revenge?"

"Other than that, yes" he chuckled as she sighed, shaking her head.

"I'm honestly not hungry Sugar-"

"This ain't about you, I'm starving here" he teased, "you want me to pick a spot?"

"I want to get to the bottom of this case-"

"And let me starve to death?" He fake pouted as she rolled her eyes, unable to fully hide her amusement before he nudged her leg, "come on Darl, take a break from being the smartest most beautiful person on the planet for 5 minutes and grab some dinner with your poor starved boyfriend who spent the day being shunned by the whole team."

"They're still not talking to you?" She tilted her head at him, 5 days after the team had found out from a false revelation in the case that Darling was not only back in Virginia, but had been for almost a month and Morgan knew, "that's wackadoodledoo- they know the only reason you didn't tell them I was back was because I asked you not to."

"Yeah well between that and me being the reason you left I think they have good reason to be pissed at me."

"We've been over this Der-" she took his hand as they drove, "it wasn't your fault I left."

"I mean it didn't help though did it?" He sighed, glancing at her frown, "Darl we both know if I hadn't turned my back on you that you would have fought your ass off in that meeting."

"My ass is a great fighter" she shrugged with a suddenly amused mood he couldn't help raise an eyebrow at, "what? You're being silly, you get a silly response too."

"I'm being 'silly?'"

"Yes Mr everything revolves around me" she teased, fiddling with the radio like usual as she kicked her feet up onto the dash, suddenly seeming more herself as he looked at her with confusion, "I'm serious! I was moments from a mental break down in that office before your sassy ass even spoke."