Happy lies

"It's this way-"

"No it's back this way-"

"You don't live here-"

"But I do know basic geography-"

Darling let out a sigh as she walked behind Morgan and Graham who were doing a terrible job of keeping quiet as they made their way down a back biking lane to hopefully get to the centre square that all the streets led to so they could find their way to the end of Tulip street.

"You guys aren't being very sneaky with your bickering" Darling whispered at them, completely being ignored.

"It's then next left-"

"No it's right, otherwise we're just going in a complete circle-"

"That would be correct if we hadn't just turned-"

"Oh my god would you both shut up?!" Darling suddenly yelled, both of them stopping in their tracks, Morgan turning with confusion at her outburst and Graham looking displeased by it.

"Keep your voice down-" Graham went to order.

"Me keep my voice down?" She laughed through a scoff, "you two chatty kathies have been doing nothing but raising your voices and egos at each other this whole time-"

"Let us figure it out" Graham folded his arms, "you just focus on carrying the wrench."

"Oh wow what a tiresome task, I hope I can handle it" she rolled her eyes sarcastically, losing her patience quickly.

"Can we keep going? It's too quiet for my liking out here" Morgan interrupted the argument before it broke out, Graham hiding his glare at Darling before smiling.

"Of course agent. So, what do you suggest we do then dear? Since you want to be involved."

Darling took a deep breath to avoid bursting with frustrations, "we need to get back onto a street, we're getting nowhere in the back alleys."

"Hotch said that some of the streets are already getting infected, we wouldn't want to alert anyone to us" Morgan pointed out.

"Then we'll just have to be quiet" Darling tucked her hair behind her ears decidedly, looking to the exit out of the ally next to her, "I think we should go this way."

"Honeybuns that is a terrible idea-"

"For god sakes can you just use my name like a normal person?" Darling snapped at Graham who tilted his head at her slightly with a scowl.

"We're married, it's what normal people around here do Anne."

There was a hint of something else to his voice, a warning, a reminder that made her hide her sigh behind a nod, Morgan almost shaking his head at her for how she backed down so quickly before Graham led the way out of the alley.

"Don't look at me like that" Darling mumbled next to Morgan.

"Like what?" He spoke quietly to her as Graham went ahead.

"Like you're disappointed in me again."

There was a very real pain hidden in her voice, a shame, vulnerability of him seeing her back down like that, like she used to with Jacob.

"I've never been disappointed in you Darling" Morgan said sincerely, "I never will be."

She looked up at him, his eyes already on her, the rest of the world fading out to nothing as they looked at each other- until Darling walked head first into the back of Graham.