No new messages

"I think that is quite possibly one of the worst ideas you've ever had" Darling laughed down the phone at Morgan as she searched the store shelves, having to stand on her tippy toes to reach the pack of pasta.

"It's a great idea" Morgan defended with a chuckle as continued his walk with Clooney, whom of which was seeming to make it his goal to pee on every lamppost possible.

"First of all, my birthday isn't for ages and second of all it's going to be on Christmas eve- no one will come to a birthday party" she pointed out before losing her balance, "shit!"

"Darling? Are you okay?" Morgan asked down the phone after hearing the commotion of cans and pasta falling around her, "did you fall into the display again?"

"Maybe a little bit" Darling chuckled with a small groan as she got up, receiving a few glares from the shop assistants and the old people passing her by, "Jesus, why do old people always react to minor inconveniences as if someone has just personally attacked them- I promise to clean it up Dorris you old fart!"

"Darling" Morgan couldn't help his laughter at her, "first of all you need to be more careful given all of your injuries, and second of all you can't go yelling at old people in the supermarkets- this isn't Chicago."

"Stop ya worrying, my injuries are finnnnne" she rolled her eyes, "and that old woman deserved it- she had an ugly purse too."

Despite her jokey tone, Darling was right.

It had been over a month and a half since the case where her and Morgan were taken in the woods and Hotch had put her on desk duty for weeks when she refused to take any time off.

It was now almost two months after the case and Darling had been back in the field on two more cases, but with constant supervision which she didn't appreciate in the slightest but took Morgan's advice to just let Hotch have his overprotective dad moment since he, like most of the team, were feeling bad from the fact Darling had been hurt on the last two cases.

The one good part of that, of which Darling wouldn't admit to herself that she enjoyed, was the fact that Morgan been assigned to work with her a lot on the cases where she was being 'babysat.'

Hotch was right, they were a good team when working together- which wasn't surprising with how long they had known each other but given their vastly different approaches to the job it was surprising how efficiently they worked with each other.

They bounced off each other, always chatting and laughing just like they always did when they were together and somehow getting everything done in perfect time- always both subconsciously taking longer on the finale part of the task, dragging it out as much as possible so they would have an excuse to hang out together.

They still hadn't talked about what happened with the kiss or the awkward tension they were in before but now it wasn't because they were too afraid to face what the other thought of it, of which they both still were, but it was because everything felt great with them again.

No awkward barrier, no hidden grudges, no shifted scales.

It felt normal again- but that was because they were both hiding how they really felt still.

"Anyway, back to my original point of your birthday-" Morgan went to continue but heard another voice down the call.

"Well I'll be damned... I should have known the cause of that ruckus was you" Luke's voice teased Darling as she placed the cans back on the shelves and tried to tidy up, pausing and turning to him with a mocking eyeroll.