You Okay?

Madi's POV

I knock on Daniel's door.

"What do you want?" He shouts from inside his room, most likely getting ready for their little game against the hockey team. 

I push open the door, "do you have a jersey I could borrow?"

"What, you don't want to wear your boyfriends number?" He asks while digging through one of his drawers.

"Very funny, can I?" He throws a jersey with the number 19 on both sides. I catch it before thanking him and leaving. I go back to my room and look for a pair of leggings, most likely thrown on the floor. Eventually finding a pair, I change into them and throw the jersey over the long sleeve I'm wearing.

I check my phone to see a text from Lexi asking 'Hey, when are you picking me up?'

I respond, telling her I'll be there in 5 minutes. I put on lipstick and mascara before grabbing my keys and living. Per usual, it's a short drive to her house. She gets into my car and I start to drive off. She's pulling something out of her bag as we get closer to the school.

"What do you got there?" I ask stealing glances over to her. She holds up a bottle of Whiskey and cracks a smile. I shake my head with a laugh, "aren't your parents going to notice that's gone?"

"Well, according to my dad, I'm a disappointment, waste of space, and he can't be bothered to care what I do anymore. And according to my mom... well, haven't heard from her in a couple days."

"What? What happened?"

"They're getting a divorce." She says as she opens the bottle and takes a sip.

"Oh my God, are you okay?"

"Yeah, ready to drown my sorrows, forget, and have some fun."

"Sounds like a wonderful plan." We turn into the staff parking lot and see a few trucks with their tailgates down, pizza and beer filling the space. I pull into an empty spot nearby. We both climb out of the truck and walk over to the party going on. 

Blake sees us and walks over to me. He throws his arm over my shoulder and directs me away from the group of 40 some people.

"No need to ruin the night for me while it's still young."

"Just a quick chat."

"Just let me hang out with my friends."

"Am I not your friend?"

"Eh. Certainly not right now."

"Did you enjoy the date?"

"We had a date?"

"What, too high to remember?" He smirks.

"Probably." I admit honestly before walking back towards everyone. Lexi meets me and immediately shoves a shot glass into my hand. I down it without a second thought. We head over to the pizza to see that there's only cheese left. I take a slice and find the group of football guys separate from the hockey group. I drag Lexi to my brother, because there's obviously something going on there. I'm proven right when him smiling at her causes her to turn as read as a tomato.

"I'll leave you two love birds alone." The look on her face tells me she doesn't want me to leave her alone. I wave goodbye as I walk over to the hockey 'side'. I recognize a few faces from the halls but other than that I'm not sure who a lot of these people are. The stare burning into the side of my head causes me to turn around, following the gaze to the one and only Blake Johnson.

He once again walks over to me, "Just can't seem to stay away from me, huh?" I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What can I say, you're just so mesmerizing." I answer him, rolling my eyes.

"This is really random, but are-"

He gets cut off by someone announcing the game is starting."

"Sorry, I got to get going." He's about to leave.

"Can't wait to watch you lose, Johnson." I tease him as he walks away, still facing me.

"Hate to disappoint you, Miller, but not happening." He smirks and jogs to catch up with everyone else.

Got this chapter out a bit earlier than I thought I would.