Candy, Chips, and Ice Cream

Madi's POV

I climb into the shopping cart and leave Blake to push it.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks once I'm comfortable.

"It's so much more fun in here."

"Right, which is why you're going to leave me to push you around instead of experiencing the fun."

"Oh shut up, you're a bit stronger than me."

"Yeah, just a bit." He pushes the cart towards the snack aisle.

"What do you want?" I throw my head back to look at him.

"Candy. Chips. And ice cream?" He asks, his upside down figure looking down at me.

"Sounds good." I look forward again.

"So what's your favorite candy?"

"Snickers, you?"

"Skittles."

My head snaps towards him, and I know my face shows disgust right now, "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What!?" He's already starting to get defensive.

"Skittles are good for one or two, but more than that? It's just plain horrible."

"You're wrong."

"I'm right."

"No you're not."

"I'm high right now, are you sure you really want to argue with me?"

"Fair enough." We finally get to the candy aisle. He reaches up and grabs a family bag of party size snickers.

"Thank you." I extend my hands out to him and he lets me grab the bag. He then turns and grabs a bag of skittles, "Sicko," I mutter under my breath. He then proceeds to drop the bag on my head. Without a word, he starts pushing the cart again, and heading to the chips aisle.

"Cheetos?"

"Yes please. Lays too?"

"Sure." He grabs both bags and sets it beside me. Once again, the cart starts moving. This time we're finally going to the ice cream section. I have to hug myself because it starts getting colder.

"Cold?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"No...."

"Need a hoodie?"

"I already have a hoodie on."

"And yet you're still cold."

"Asshole." The shopping cart stops and a few seconds pass before a hoodie is thrown at me from behind. I mutter a quick and quiet thank you before pulling the hoodie over my head, still fitting even over my other hoodie.

"Thought you weren't cold."

"I'm not, I was comfortable before, but like... now I'm warm...." I prop my elbow on the edge of the cart and rest my head on my fist, "Are we almost done?"

"Just gotta get the ice cream."

"Peanut butter and chocolate." I whisper, getting a little too comfortable in the shopping cart.

"Got it." I can still hear him and the freezer door open and close while he grabs the ice cream. The ice cream is set down next to me, "looks like you're crashing now."

"Mhm..." I can feel myself almost fall asleep and my eyes flutter closed.

"Okay, let's get you home now." He lifts me out of the cart and tries to get my to steadily stand on my feet, but I just end up leaning on him. I'm slightly shaken by my shoulders in an attempt to wake me up. I finally manage to open my eyes, and can slightly function.