Journey's Beggining

Our story commences in the infinite vastness of space.

In the black fabric that envelops the cosmos, there exist small and large uniqueness such as stars, black holes, and satellites like our moon. The moon... a celestial nomad which dances eternally around our world. It's a silent companion and a mirror reflecting the sun's brilliance with a borrowed glow, but on its darkest side it conceals a secret—A forgotten god, or rather, a living embodiment of the primal chaos that lurks at the edges of the universe; a colossal, squid-like monstrosity, with glowing, cyclopean eyes oozing with a turquoise alien ichor, burned with a malevolent intelligence and confined to dwell on the moon up until its time comes around again to unleash horrors beyond human comprehension. Defeated once at the cost of an entire species, but patiently awaiting the moment of its return.

Little by little we drift away from the white and round satellite and follow a traveling star which heads for the planet beneath where some mistake it for a shooting star

For the inhabitants of that world, a shooting star didn't mean only a fleeting wish. It was a beacon, a fleeting spark of defiance against the encroaching darkness, a whispered promise in the vast emptiness.

That piece of the cosmos would impact the ground in the middle of the blackness of the night, and although it was not a shooting star, it would kindle a small flame of hope, fulfilling the wish of those who begged for the salvation of Terraria.

That flame of hope for this dying world would be a young boy, who would one day probably become its champion, but for now he'd wake up with no memory and no knowledge of anything near the impact site of the traveling star, in the middle of a valley surrounded by mountains; mountains with entrances to caves; caves full of treasures, mysteries and dangers; surrounded by forests and lakes and some floating islands hidden behind clouds in the sky. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, the boy had to learn to survive in the hostile wild and luckily for him, he would come across the right person to teach him how.

[And so the opening begins.]

Our future hero had been walking in circles for several minutes and scanning the place where he woke up trying to look for answers or at least some clue as to who he was or where he came from, as the only thing he remembered was his name and the only thing he had with him were the clothes he was wearing, although his pockets were empty.

While he was thinking about what to do next, a friendly and warm voice surprised him: "Howdy, friend."

The one who had spoken those words was a man with a sage-green shirt, a beard of few days, simple jeans, a backpack, some tools and a book with him.