𝟜𝟚 - ( 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 )

Start from the beginning

real life!

the bell rings just as leilani blocks matt

the bell rings just as leilani blocks matt. "real mature, leilani." matt says to leilani before grabbing his bag and leaving the homeroom class.

leilani sighs and grabs her bag as well, leaving and heading to the fine arts classroom along with chris and emma.

they enter the fine arts classroom and leilani sits at her normal seat, which was between matt and emma.

mister patel enters the classroom and puts all his stuff on his desk. "today we're gonna work in duos." he says.

of fucking course.

"this row works with the person on their right." mister patel means the row of chris. it happened that chris has to work with emma, which means leilani has to work with... matt.

"you're gonna do a lot of communicating and teamwork." kill me, kill me now. leilani thinks to herself.

leilani and matt exchange dirty looks, pissing both of them off even more. "how can you make me hate your guts in two hours, matthew?" leilani asks and matt's heart breaks.

I mean, yeah he's been in disagreements with leilani before, but she has never said that.

"you can't say that too loud. eddie's right there." even though matt's pissed, he still wants to protect leilani.

"I don't give a fuck." leilani deadpans. "what do you even mean by that?" matt asks, confused why leilani would say such harsh words to him.

"I hate you, matt."

matt quickly heads out the fine arts classroom, leilani a couple steps behind. this block hour was ass.

the last thing said, was leilani saying she hates matt. and yeah, sure. she didn't mean it. but matt believes she's for real, just like leilani believes he thinks she's a bitch.

matt walks in the cafeteria and sits at the table with the friend group who were already there.

leilani walks in the cafeteria shortly after and sits at the table too, on emma and valerie's side.

not noticing anything's going on, valerie and emma start a conversation. nick and chris on the other hand, notice the way matt and leilani are both glancing at each other with hatred every so often.

out of nowhere, leilani gets overwhelmed by everything she's heard and said today. she drops her head more so she's at the same level as matt.

matt notices this and glances at leilani, still pissed of, to see she's crying. her hair is in front of her eyes, sure. but matt can tell by the away she holds her sleeve covered hand to her mouth, the way he can see her eyes through her hair.

and that's when he found out, leilani mae is the woman he'll always love. no matter what.

he gets a wind of guilt flown over him and stands up from his seat, causing the whole friend group to look at him.

without saying anything, he exits the cafeteria.

instagram!

Matt Sturniolo blocking me on imessage doesn't stop me from feeling guilt, leila

Leilani Mae oh now you're gonna be fucking nice?
what's your deal, matt?

Matt Sturniolo I know you don't mean it
I know you don't hate me
you simply can't
not after everything we've been through together
not after everything I know

Leilani Mae what?
you think I'm a bitch
so I can say the same

Matt Sturniolo princess please
I didn't mean it
I promise
I don't even know why I said it

Leilani Mae don't 'princess' me when we're fighting, matthew

Matt Sturniolo sorry
look I've been upset the whole day because
this morning, you told chris that we're 'just friends'
and I believe in all that because it's true
but I guess it upset me because I want to be more
I'm sorry😞

Leilani Mae you want to what now?
please come back and talk to me in person