✦ FOUR

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"WHERE ARE YOU?" BRUCE QUESTIONED HER AS SHE WALKED DOWN THE STREET AND SHE SMILED "MISSING ME?" HE SMILED ON THE LINE "MORE THAN I'D LIKE TO ADMIT"

She scoffed "You should love to admit it"  She gently balanced the phone on her shoulder, pulling out a list from her bag and handing it the shopkeeper when she entered the store "Anyway, I'm downtown. I had to get some supplies" Bruce's brows furrowed in worry "That's a dangerous part of town"

"Don't be such a worry wart, I'll be home before you know it"

"Just—be careful" She hummed and clicked the phone off.

Once she had all the necessary supplies, she picked up the bags and exited the shop, turning around a corner, towards her car. Only to find people trying to break into it. Her eyes widened and like any logical person, she took silent steps back but one of the men saw her "Well, well look here. This car comes with it's own little play thing"

She stared at them for a moment, her nerves freezing her on spot, she accidently dropped her bag and she was sure a bottle in the cotton shopping bag broke, considering all the green paint mudding the street "What's your name, sweet thing?"

The man stepped closer but then immediately backed away, his eyes widening as he did so "Yo! Ricky let's get out of here. It's that damned Batman!" They both dropped the crowbar and ran off in the other direction as Elizabeth turned around to see the infamous vigilante stood behind her "Uh...' She trailed off "...You're standing in wet paint?" She offered but his gaze didn't waver from her, almost as if he was looking over her "It's a dangerous part of town. You should be careful" She nodded. Upon a closer look, even though he stood, hidden in the shadows she noticed something far too familiar about him. Even the words he said, had her thinking where she heard that tone before. So serious. So grave.

"Right. I'll just pick these up and be on my way." She crouched down to pick up the fallen back "Thank—" As she moved her gaze up, he was gone "—you?" She sighed and shook her head, walking back towards her car.

Once she arrived back at her condo, she placed the supplies on the table and carefully discarded the paint bottle. A knock on the door caused her to drop the shards in the sink, nicking her hand in the process and she sighed, grabbing a paper towel, she held it to her hand and opened the door to see Bruce standing there.

He immediately pulled her into his embrace "Missed me that much?" He hummed, his hand gently stroking his hair "A lot" He openly confessed and she let out a breathy chuckle. He pulled away and his gaze transfixed itself on her hand "What happened?" He worriedly questioned and she shrugged "Broken paint bottles are definitely not my best friends" She admitted and he gently assessed her hand "Where's your first aid kit?"