Chapter 23||Kim Taehyung||Those eyes

Eyes

Eyes.

Deep Burgundy eyes.

Eyes that can touch you with voluminous emotions. A concoction of a warmth caress and burning scars unravel inside you when you stare into them.

A mix of passionate hate and flurry love. A ruling essence on manipulation when you are betrayed by the softness unaware of the fiery fire that could scum you into your demons.

I felt her gaze in my veins.

Coursing through me.

Filling my breaths.

Yet I left her... alone.

I left the woman who torments me with her burgundy eyes looking at me in sheer devastation and betrayal with those eyes.

With those eyes that made me lose my head in the middle of the night, when I was in havoc with my demons. When I was trying to push back that look of those eyes as I was chained to the walls and my blood splattering down at each stroke against the cursed metal it was once again the spiralling thoughts of that woman to whom those eyes belonged.

The world darkened into voidness and I was falling into a free fall of raging emotions when I left Raya in her room the other day.

We live in a reckless world of shadowed obsession and conniving death.

Roses were the daggers of betrayal.

Lonely hearts were the souvenirs of lost innocence.

Yet our hearts never tend to cease the fire burning for that one person.

The one person whose warmth matters more than the flames licking the world into ashes.

Yet what do we offer for the person?

Heartbreak?

Tears?

Traumatise them?

Failed promise?

Crushed hope?

Steal away their family and friends?

Or if you are someone like me who offers all of them on a silver platter to the person you supposedly claim to love?

I did this to the woman I branded as mine.

I was many things Raya accused me of.

Manipulator.

Liar.

Haughty bastard.

Scoundrel.

And many more titles of my misogyny traits in handling her.

But I was not a coward.

The pain never scared me.

Not until Raya.