Chapter 17 || With my life

I can't help the little twitch in my lips begging to curl wide

I can't help the little twitch in my lips begging to curl wide. The ferocity bundled in her nerves as she stared at me to comply with her request, correction: order was bemusing.

If she had not jutted out her primal hate-harbouring feelings for me, I might have tried to shed a few drops at her words. I heard enough hatred and disappointment to be carried over for my every lifetime and being a colossal arsehole to the one woman and her resentment towards me wasn't bringing out the one thing it has to bring.

Tears.

No moisture touched my eyes hearing her.

I couldn't cry when she asked me to.

Was it the invincible male trait? Keeping it to yourself when they want to see you at your worst?

The funniest part was she could bend my will and I'll be a puddle down her feet. But the checkpoint was Raya falling in love with me and I can see the distance overflowing between the destinations.

"What's so funny about that?" Her furrowed eyebrows looked fused right now. The soft satin wrapped in her tiny fist trained further as she scrutinised with me her judgemental-all-knowing look.

"You are adorable! But not going to lie, you are such a heartless heartbreaker. I doubt I can last as a human with your resentment oozing out of your every pore." I wasn't planning on admitting the cruel heart of the softest-looking woman but it was true.

"You are despicable -----" Her words were floating in the air and her body was still in the suddenness. Eyes widened and cautioned with a little tremor ranching behind them. The evening crisp air blew past her hair making them curtain her face.

She turned towards the mighty gates of the mansion, her eyes straining to look at the other side when a blue fiesta parked outside the gates.

"Rayaaaaaa! It's yoooour graaan!" The slurred voice of Jessica made Raya cuss under her breath. Right at that moment, the shrill voice woman stepped out and slammed the door shut.

Raya jogged towards the door and I followed her behind. I whisked my fingers in the air and the majestic gates were opened and Jessica made her sloppy movements inside. I shook my head at Raya jogging all the way towards the entrance while it looked like it would take her a week with her miniature legs to reach the other end. And Jessica being wasted helped in no way.

Striding towards her I grasped her wrist before I carried her bridal style. We were on land even before she could yell at me and her cunning gran caught her attention as soon as we were face to face with her.

Jessica Kade was drunk!

You can hardly breathe around her when she is sober. No inscriptions to express my distress of watching her weep, wail and yell into Raya's arms.

I stood a few steps behind the duo respecting their privacy.

Ha! Let's not forget I am a Beast and my skills are keen.