NO.005 Fright Night

Although he was in the world of Resident Evil, Zhang Heng was not too scared for the time being, after all, from the time he came to this realm until now, not to mention the zombies, even the broken zombies did not see a bit, Zhang Heng still maintained a normal mindset, but he just didn't know how it would be tomorrow.

He wasn't naive enough to think that a building this big wouldn't have a single walker in it. The absence of zombies in the lobby was only because they were attracted out by the sound outside the door, but it could not be said for the upper floors.

Thinking about the dangers that he would encounter tomorrow, Zhang Heng could not help but feel a chill down his spine. The zombies were fine, but the kind of monsters that were only a little bit faster than an ordinary person walking, it was not difficult to get rid of them. As long as they were not caught and bitten, then Zhang Heng was confident that he could easily get rid of them.

What was really scary was the kind of lickers in the movie that could climb, walls, sharp claws so powerful that they could tear through steel plates, and speed as fast as the wind, once this kind of monster was encountered by him, then it was a situation of ten deaths and no chance of survival... ...

Thinking of this, Zhang Heng could not help but feel a burst of annoyance, he pulled out half a carton of cigarettes from his bag, drew out one and articulated it on his mouth, and after pulling out half a day, he pulled out a lighter.

For a boy like Zhang Heng with a masculine temperament, meals can be skipped, but cigarettes can't be skipped. The nature is the same as 'girlfriend can not want, LOL can not run away', typical of the mentality of a lonely man. Even his 'Hong Kong genuine zorro zorro kerosene lighter' is also in Taobao spent more than thirty dollars to buy, ice blue metallic color looks very dignified.

'Erase ...... ''The metal kerosene lighter made a few tiny clicks, this kind of sound was so small that it could be ignored in normal times, but in the night when all the music was silent, it was extraordinarily clear.''

Zhang Heng frowned, quickly lit the cigarette, then carefully closed the lid, took a deep breath, the pungent breath went straight to his lungs, and the hint of fatigue produced by his brain disappeared at once.

However, just when Zhang Heng was puffing out the clouds to pass the silent hours of the night, suddenly, a slight rattling came from the cabinet beside him... ...

Zhang Heng froze and turned back like lightning, looking at the iron cabinet in dismay.

"Clang ...... "

There was no mishearing!

Zhang Heng stood up fiercely, his right hand into the waist of the pants, will be the United States strapped military knife dagger slowly drew out ...... Although this dagger from the name sounds very uncomplicated, but Zhang Heng know, in fact, this dagger is just Taobao spent a few dozen dollars to buy, then also comes with a bottle of knife oil, quality exactly how I'm afraid that only the seller knows.

In this way, Zhang Heng watch the iron cabinet with fear and trepidation, even the cigarette held in his mouth also forgot, until the sparks burned to the mouth part of the cigarette, emitting a burnt odor, Zhang Heng slowly opened his mouth, letting the cigarette fall to the ground.

From the sound emitted, Zhang Heng could determine that what was in the cabinet was definitely not a wild animal like a rat, but a complete zombie! Because not only was it the rattling sound of touching the cabinet, Zhang Heng even heard a few slight whispers, a sound that only humans could make!

I don't know who had locked a zombie into a steel cabinet when the crisis broke out and almost pitched himself to death. Just now, he must have heard the sound of the lighter and this guy moved around in the cabinet, now as long as he doesn't make any more sounds, then there won't be any more accidents, right?

Zhang Heng comforted himself with this, but his heart was still beating rapidly, and even the palm of his hand that was clutching the dagger was filled with sweat.

Time passed by, Zhang Heng no longer made a sound, and the movement in the cabinet was getting smaller and smaller, but just when Zhang Heng thought that he could successfully conceal it, suddenly, a dull and distant howl came out from the cabinet violently!

Zhang Heng's face immediately changed drastically!

At the same time, a pair of hands inside began to violently slap the cabinet door, as if it was an evil ghost from hell, knocking with all its might on the door where yin and yang meet, wanting to break through the world and drink blood to its heart's content!

I also don't know how soundproof the security room is, if the soundproofing is not good!

"Pit me to death! " Zhang Heng's face brushed white, he subconsciously lowered his head, only to see that the still burning cigarette butt kept emitting a strange burnt smell, and instantly understood - it must be that zombie inside, judging that there was someone outside because it smelled something that didn't belong to the usual odor!

"Boom boom boom! "

The hollow echoes shook the iron cabinet, and also shook Zhang Heng's heart, each tap made his heart jump, as if the next second the zombie would rush out of the cabinet door and pounce towards him!

He could not be allowed to continue tapping on the iron cabinet!

Zhang Heng's mind only had this one thought, his whole body tensed up, adrenaline secreted profusely, and he didn't know where the courage came from, he rushed to the iron cabinet and unscrewed the cabinet door like lightning!

Suddenly, a withered and decayed face appeared in front of Zhang Heng, resembling an evil spirit from hell! His mind went blank, and without hesitation, he swung his pure black saber, striking the ugly face's eye sockets with a ruthless blow just as it emerged from the cabinet door.

The zombie's low growl abruptly ceased as it fell to the ground with a dull thud.

"Hoo...Phew!" Zhang Heng collapsed onto the ground, panting heavily. Though he hadn't expended much physical energy, the adrenaline coursing through his veins caused his heart to pound violently, threatening to burst from his chest at any moment!

He had just killed a walker for the first time with a clean slash!

"Roar..." But before he could celebrate, a low growl echoed from outside the door, accompanied by the sound of several footsteps approaching the security room.

Zhang Heng's ragged breathing halted as he stared wide-eyed, suppressing his body's natural response to death. Time seemed to stand still.

Zombies have hearing, he realized. The sound must have traveled a long distance to attract several zombies so quickly. He wondered if the lickers were still lurking in the building.

Time seemed to drag on for an eternity as the sound of footsteps outside the door grew denser before gradually fading away.

"Phew..." Zhang Heng breathed a sigh of relief only after confirming that the coast was clear. He gently withdrew the dagger from the zombie's eye sockets and cautiously approached the window, using one finger to lift the corner of the blinds and peer outside.

By the moonlight filtering through a finger-sized gap, he could see seven or eight dark figures wandering aimlessly in the dimly lit hall, searching for the source of the noise. Fortunately, zombies lacked intelligence and couldn't detect anything amiss from the lowered blinds.

Unable to locate the source of the sound, the zombies dispersed and went their separate ways.

Zhang Heng, who had narrowly escaped detection, abandoned his earlier bravado and retreated to the cabinet where the zombies had been kept. Curled up inside, he finally felt a semblance of safety.