two.

DECEMBER 12TH, 1998BISHOP'S HOUSEDETROIT, MICHIGAN

DECEMBER 12TH, 1998
BISHOP'S HOUSE
DETROIT, MICHIGAN.

KHADIJAH LOOKS INTO HER MIRROR, BRUSHING THROUGH HER HAIR AS she hums along to a random Dru Hill song that was playing on her radio.

She sets her brush down before looking over at her Motorola flip phone. Khadijah hadn't heard from Genesis since the situation at the church happened. And it was safe to say that she missed her.

She grabs her phone, opening it before calling the other girl. She hears five rings before hearing the girl's voice on the other end.

"What do you want, Khadija?"

"Uh—" Khadijah started to say before clearing her throat. She turns the volume on her radio down before sitting on the edge of her bed.

"I haven't spoke to you in a while, Gen.. I miss you." She adds, making Genesis scoff. "I did, baby.. I really did miss you."

"Whatever, girl. You still havin' fun with them funky niggas from that revival?" The girl asked, making Khadijah furrow her eyebrows.

"What makes you think I'm talking to them? I haven't seen them since that day." She responds before shaking her head. "What you doing, Gen?"

"I'm 'bout to hang out with Adina and Ebony. We headin' to the mall.." Genesis starts to say before sighing softly. She stayed silent for a moment before deciding to speak again.

"You know that shit really hurt me.. the things you said.." "I'm sorry I made you feel that way, Gen.. I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.."

Khadijah thought after all that talking, Genesis would understand. But she just guessed that the girl was in her feelings about the whole thing.

"You know how much I love you.. I just can't risk hurting my dad and his reputation right now." Khadijah explained, getting up from her bed. She starts to say something else before getting interrupted by a car horn from outside.

It must've been Elijah. He didn't like to wait for anybody.. impatient ass. "I.. I gotta go. Maybe you can come over later? We can talk more.." She suggests, only being met with silence from the other end.

Genesis sighs before finally giving the girl an answer. "Fine. I'ma be there tonight." She says, making Khadijah smile.

"Cool.. I love you, Gen." "Yeah yeah.. love you too."