0420: Agent finds several corpses, including the police deputies, hanging from the trees in a circular pattern. Corpses have been opened on the front, with the ribcage cut in two. Internal organs seem to be in some sort of clear bag, arranged in their proper place in the human anatomy, except for the intestines.

At this point Sir, we are contacted and asked to form a perimeter around the area. Fog continues to thicken. Nothing has been seen, as of yet, but I believe it is simply a matter of time. Requesting further instructions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: OPTIC NERVE HQ

FROM: FIELD AGENT █████, N.American branch

SUBJECT: RISING S.MAN REPORTS

DATE: JUNE 16th 2009 1243 hours

When you guys gave me this assignment back in 88 there were about, I would guess, three to maybe four S.MAN reports a year... now it's 2009 and I'm getting hits of S.MAN sightings damn near 20 to 30 times A WEEK!

I have been on this case for the past 21 years and we are no closer to catching it or even finding out how to kill it! I have been saying for years that there has to be more than one and with these reports that flood my in-box and the things our Europe and Asian sector agents have sent I can only say that this fucker is everywhere. Either this thing is breeding or... I really don't want to think about it.

Something Agent ████████, from the Japanese field office, told me has been kicking in my head for the past couple days. She said that maybe this thing isn't breeding... but these others are WAKING UP. That maybe these things have been hibernating for god knows how long and how they are up and feeding. It makes some kind of sense with the stories of this thing dating back to the Dark Ages of Europe and beyond that.

That leaves the six million dollar question... if ████████'s theory is true... how many of them are there?___________________________________________

Images associated with the "Slender Man" phenomenon. Filed under S.MAN. Extracted from journal of missing person ███ ███████, female, age 23.

Multiple corresponding depictions of humanoid form, multiple mutations or deformations. Several consistent identifying markers, with other traits changing or "transforming" from image to image. Total 32 pages relevant to case

------------------------------------------------------------------------

File SM852035

Generalized description of the Slenderman

Appearance:

Tall, thin humanoid with indistinct features, with between 2 to 6 boneless arms

Torso is of normal proportion, limbs lengthened to point of mild to severe deformity

Additional arms are frequently hidden.

Appears to be wearing a suit (black tie, black pants, black coat, black shoes, white shirt)

Eyes may or may not glow.

Habits and habitat:

Known to be predatory to humans

Frequently associated with fog (Either prefers foggy areas or capable of summoning it, unknown)

Frequently associated with woodland areas.

Abilities:

No combat encounters, data or projections on record.

Strong enough to lift a fully grown man. (confirmed, incident SM165608)