11 | CRY ME A RIVER

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER ELEVENcry me a river❜

CHAPTER ELEVEN
cry me a river❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

IT FELT LIKE time had stopped

IT FELT LIKE time had stopped. Cameron couldn't believe his eyes as the elevator doors opened again. Ghostface was long gone and it was only the three of them on the floor. The second the elevator had hit the ground floor, he was making his way back up. There was no way that he was leaving his dad alone up there for a second longer. Richie took Tara to the medics as Sam stood her ground and followed Cam back upstairs. As if it was instinct, she grabbed his hand and the grip only tightened as they saw the other side of the door. Neither could believe their eyes as their heart sank to their stomach.

"No, no, no." The words fell past his lips without any attempt to stop them. His voice breaking with each syllable that was said.

Without a second thought, Cameron let go of her hand and ran up to Dewey's lifeless body. The man's warmth was long gone and the only thing that was left was a void that would haunt his son for the rest of his life.

Despite the circumstances, the former police had a soft smile on his lips as he stared at the ceiling. The young Weathers sank to his knees next to his body, tears flooding his eyes. Red colored his pants as he hesitantly reached out for him, not daring to touch. It was as if Dewey would break by the smallest touch, as if he was porcelain.

Cameron couldn't believe this had happened. He didn't understand it. It had only been a minute since he last saw his father alive. Their last words kept playing in the back of his mind, how Cameron had chocked on Dewey's name as the doors closed in between them. How that was the last time he'd seen the life in his eyes. Now all he could do was look at what would be his last sight of him.

Sam didn't dare to step closer as she stood with her hands over her mouth. She didn't dare to take this moment away from him. It didn't matter if she wanted to, she physically couldn't either way, as her feet were glued to the cold, hard floor.