10 | VICTIM OR HERO?

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER TENvictim or hero?❜

CHAPTER TEN
victim or hero?❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

CAMERON WAS QUICK to run up to Tara who was crying on the floor

CAMERON WAS QUICK to run up to Tara who was crying on the floor. Sam was right by his side in only a second as they helped her up. The young girl was wincing in pain as blood kept pouring out of her wounds.

"Tara!" Sam called out to her as her eyes didn't seem to be able to focus on anything. Her vision was clouded by tears which kept on streaming down her face while she clung onto both of them for protection.

The figure was out of view as they had escaped the scene after Dewey tried to shot at them. By now, he had lowers his gun, but he still kept it in a tight hold just in case. As Cameron and Samantha helped Tara, he ran up to Sam's boyfriend, who was laying hurt on the floor, further down the hallway.

"Come on, Richie!" Dewey grunted as he picked up the boy and brought him to his feet. The boy limped as they hurried down the hallway. "It's gonna be alright."

Tara allowed the ex-lovers to pick her up, sobbing into Sam's shoulder due to both fright and pain. They moved quickly to the elevator as they tried their best to get out of the hospital as soon as possible. Cameron could feel his heart beating harshly in his chest as it was all too silent in the building.

"We got you." The blonde boy whispered to Tara as they moved toward the exit. Sam breathed heavily as she looked around them. Her eyes looked for anyone or anything that could be a possible danger or help to them, but nothing came into her view. The five of them were completely alone.

Cameron had a tight hold of the knife in his hand as he was prepared for any danger. "Get the elevator!" The former police officer yelled behind them.

As Cam glanced behind him his eyes instantly fell onto the masked person who got out of their hiding spot. Glass splinters erupted around them  as they jumped through a glass door. Dewey was pushed up against a wall as his grip on Richie loosened and he fell to the ground.