01 | THE INEVITABLE

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER ONEthe inevitable❜

CHAPTER ONE
the inevitable❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

CAMERON WEATHERS TOOK the next direct flight to Woodsboro

CAMERON WEATHERS TOOK the next direct flight to Woodsboro. As soon as he heard the words "Ghostface mask" leave Wes's mouth he booked the ticked. He knew what was to come, he had gone through it enough times already, but it didn't matter because he would always put his life on stake if he had a chance to protect the girl. Because if he lost someone else, when he had the opportunity to protect them, he would never forgive himself.

The whole flight back to his hometown he tried his best to distract himself. However, flicking through the pages of a book his mother had bought him last Christmas, or scrolling through the movie selections, was virtually useless.

It had been a few years since the last Ghostface attack. He was merely a freshman in high-school at the time and now he was almost twenty-five. He felt both relived to live his life without Ghostface's constant taunting, but in a weird way, he also felt like a part of him was missing. His whole life had involved Ghostface and the Stab movies, so when he got to live the life of a 'normal' person, something just felt off.

Cameron nearly died last time at the hands of his babysitter, who was also his godmother's niece, but as if it was a miracle, he survived. Dewey, luckily, got to the scene of his attack before he could bleed out. To his dismay, it ended with him being on bed rest for almost half a year which absolutely sucked. The scars on his body weren't exactly helping the healing either, and were instead a constant reminder of the horrifying betrayal.

Like every single time a new Ghostface appears he gets deeply affected, and it impacts everything he sees after. Now even more, especially because the first of the latest attacks was on Tara Carpenter, the younger sister of his former best friend. At least that's what he settle on calling her since he isn't sure where Sam and him stand after being apart for more than half a decade.