---

when bailey and cristina heard that three men in a limo were being taken to mercy west, they jumped at the opportunity. there was a chance the men were the husbands of the women they had already been treating. so, they simply told them they could insist the men were sent to seattle grace instead of mercy west. for completely non-selfish reasons. 

with one of the men, came an army guy who trached a man in the field with a ballpoint pen. 

and the realisation as each woman reacted to the men that one of them was having an affair with the friends husband. sarabeth was being cheated on and the mistress was her childhood friend. messy. 

veronica had watched the whole thing in shoc. she made eye contact with alex, who nodded subtly. he saw the same thing as her. 

"you trached a man in the field using a ballpoint pen?" mark asked as he entered the room. 

"it's all i had on me," the man told. "what? it's not like i didn't clean it off with fresh snow."

"it's awesome," alex muttered. 

veronica nodded in agreement. the man questioned mark's methods, causing him to get more irritated. the chief and bailey offering up o'malley and lexie as interns didn't help. he grumbled and complained, since lexie wasn't the 'good grey' and he just hated george because of what he did to callie. she couldn't really blame him for that part. 

veronica glared, "lexie is my intern and she kicks ass! i should know i'm teaching her."

---

veronica was scrubbing in on the man with the pen in his throat. 

george was trying to navigate something into his lung to help him breathe but it was stuck. 

"you've almost got it george," lexie encouraged. 

"what are you, his little cheerleader?" mark asked. 

veronica stepped towards george, "navigate it that way." she pointed.

"no. step aside wonder boy before you make things worse," mark instructed. george handed it to veronica. "o'malley go find out if the or's ready. if you can manage that."

veronica gaped at mark, not used to seeing him so rude, "that's-"

"it's fine ronnie. thanks," george told before leaving the room. 

veronica watched him go before finishing what he started. she glanced at lexie, frowning. she'd suspected for some time lexie had a thing for george but the way she was watching him go was confirmation.

veronica sighed, "you're being a fucking asshole to george. he's studying to retake his intern test so he's stressed out and you're making it worse. be nicer. this is a teaching hospital. teach."

"c'mon sweetheart-"

she glared, "no, fuck off."

"you could be nicer," lexie agreed. "he's under a lot of stress."

"you're an intern, why are you talking to me? you thought you'd defend your boyfriend and i'd just take it-"

"he's not my boyfriend," lexie defended. 

veronica smirked, "but you want him to be." lexie shot her a look. "mark may be being an asshole but you like george. it's fine we've all been there-"

"you liked george?" lexie exclaimed. "please tell me you didn't sleep with him too."

veronica rolled her eyes, "for like a week. and no, just alex."

"what? you slept with-"

veronica laughed loudly, "i'm fucking with you. alex is my best friend. well one of them. you and george are the others- well not since he cheated on callie-"

lexie smiled, "i'm your best friend."

"one of them." lexie continued to smile at her. "shut up. anyway, don't shit where you eat. and mark, stop being horrible to lexie, she's my best friend i will stop sleeping with you if you keep being mean to her."

lexie's smile never dropped, "i'm your best friend."

"oh god, i take it back!"

"you can't! you said it, i've already chosen the friendship bracelet colours!"

---

"how the fuck do you get impaled by an icicle?" veronica exclaimed after walking into cristina's hospital room. "that's the worst luck."

"thanks, sunshine," cristina grumbled. "i was trying to get away from meredith's constant talking about her and derek. you know what would make me feel better?"

veronica chuckled, "i'm not telling you who i'm sleeping with."

"dammit. i could die-"

"it's between your ninth and tenth intercostal spaces. there's no hemo or pnuemothorax. your vitals are stable. you'll be fine, it hit nothing."

"then pull it out."

"no. i'm waiting for those scans. i just came to see you were okay. you are. i'll be back in a bit."

---

"do you think me and derek are doomed?" meredith asked.

veronica blinked, "no? is this about the dead derek dream? because that can mean a lot of things."

"that wasn't an answer that was a question."

"what brought this on?"

"cristina said we were."

veronica nodded, "maybe you are but won't you regret it if you don't at least try? i think i'd rather fight the fear and have a year of happiness than never try it and be miserable forever."

meredith nodded, "you gonna take your own advice?"

"of course not. only a mentally healthy person would do that, i'm dealing with years of abuse and neglect, i'm not stable enough for a relationship even if i really like this person," veronica rambled. "stop looking at me."

---

veronica was with michael, the man who had been trached in the field and had lost his voice forever and had cheated on his wife with her best friend. safe to say karma was a bitch but one with good aim. it was a bit of a harsh punishment in her opinion. but it was a punishment that had lead to him trying to make amends with his wife. he wrote her a letter that lexie had read out. it was kind of poetic, in ronnie's opinion but she knew that if she were the wife, she'd have walked out too. but she was sure she wouldn't have come back.

they were prepping him for another surgery since his abdominal bleeding hadn't stopped. his abdomen was rigid and they needed to start as soon as they could since his insurance was going to run out at midnight. 

"people make mistakes," she assured. "it happens. they sleep with the wrong person and they hide it but if you ask me it's the part that comes after that matters, the part where you make it right and that letter was a good start."

mark watched her from the doorway. 

"you're going to spend a long time grovelling but if she's willing to hear it, then there's a chance," she assured, not sure how much of what she said she actually believed. 

a/n pls be nice to me about the fact i haven't updated in forever. i have been having a time. and by that i mean that olivia rodrigo screaming in all american bitch has been my internal monologue since january. university has been stress and is still stress but i am procrastinating. so enjoy this update and hopefully, in a few weeks, i can update more regularly bc most of my deadlines will be done then and i will just be applying for more jobs and getting rejected again. okay, rant over. enjoy!!! :)))

sunshine | mark sloanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें